FASHION A little green for your gator

Lincoln Road’s State was crawling with gators Friday night as Lacoste showcased their 2004 Spring Collection. Although no alligator laden polos were given to the guests, they were treated to free Cosmos and Martinis courtesy of VOX Vodka. The crowd itself fused Hampton’s regulars with the typical South Beach socialites. Go figure.

Judging by the turnout for the show, the alligator shirts have taken over more than just campus fashion. Although they may have dropped off the radar in the ’80s, they are becoming one of the must-haves for the season, particularly that pink one for men.

The fashions themselves weren’t really surprising, guys and girls had polos in a rainbow of colors, although one model featured a white tube top with rainbow trim and a matching low-rise skirt, which displayed more skin than would be expected from your typical Lacoste. The outfit of the evening was a tangerine polo with fitted khaki Capris and a matching tangerine belt. The only questionable fashion for classic style was having one sleeve rolled up. Hopefully gangsta style will stay on the runway and off of the streets. Featuring nothing new, Lacoste delivered its usual casual style.

Leigha Taber can be contacted at ltaber@miami.edu.

They both returned to earn their degrees and finish their college football careers with their brothe ...

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

Fresh off fall break, News@TheU catches up with students to learn what foods make them feel at home. ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...