Culture

FASHION A little green for your gator

Lincoln Road’s State was crawling with gators Friday night as Lacoste showcased their 2004 Spring Collection. Although no alligator laden polos were given to the guests, they were treated to free Cosmos and Martinis courtesy of VOX Vodka. The crowd itself fused Hampton’s regulars with the typical South Beach socialites. Go figure.

Judging by the turnout for the show, the alligator shirts have taken over more than just campus fashion. Although they may have dropped off the radar in the ’80s, they are becoming one of the must-haves for the season, particularly that pink one for men.

The fashions themselves weren’t really surprising, guys and girls had polos in a rainbow of colors, although one model featured a white tube top with rainbow trim and a matching low-rise skirt, which displayed more skin than would be expected from your typical Lacoste. The outfit of the evening was a tangerine polo with fitted khaki Capris and a matching tangerine belt. The only questionable fashion for classic style was having one sleeve rolled up. Hopefully gangsta style will stay on the runway and off of the streets. Featuring nothing new, Lacoste delivered its usual casual style.

Leigha Taber can be contacted at ltaber@miami.edu.

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...