POLICE BEAT

Safety Tip of the Week: Here are some tips from Officer Henry L. Christensen, director of the Department of Public Safety. One of the best safety tools we have at our disposal is our cell phones. Just a few years ago, only Dick Tracy had one, but today we all have that convenience. When we are out and about we should use our cell phones to report any suspicious activity we might see or experience. If we are in any way concerned for our safety, they are an instant link to help. Keep your cell phone on and always take it with you while walking, jogging or in your car. Not only will your cell phone make you feel more secure, but your loved ones will have peace of mind as well. Program Public Safety’s number on your cell phone to report anything on campus or to request an escort.

THURSDAY FEBRUARY 19

1:07 p.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Burglary
1:43 p.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr. Grand Theft
5:09 p.m. 1300 Memorial Dr. Grand Theft

SATURDAY FEBRUARY 21

1:08 a.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Vandalism
3:15 a.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Vandalism

TUESDAY FEBRUARY 24

1:22 p.m. 1310 Campo Sano Ave. Burglary

For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 305-284-6666.

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...