Iraq smack is all Bushie’s business plan

I still have no idea why we have spent billions of dollars of news coverage, military spending and all sorts of stuff for a job that only requires a couple thousand soldiers to clean out a couple holes in the ground somewhere halfway across the globe.

Nostradamus, the French fortuneteller in the 18th century, predicted this day would happen. He said that there would be a military strike with digits “9” and “11.” And this would happen either in the year 1999 or 2001. Aha, you say. Fortune-tellers have some truth!

But don’t you think that Osama Bin Laden actually might have done this intentionally just to mess the feeble minds of the American people? And don’t you think that our Pentagon un-intelligence would have actually said to themselves: “Ok, there is Osama Bin Laden who had been bombing our embassies in Africa, and there are suspicious looking people learning to fly planes in Arizona and the Arab governments hates us. Is anything going to happen?”

I don’t think people in Washington are that stupid. You know what I think? George W. Bush wanted this attack. The economy was plummeting, and George W. could not garner any respect out of the American people. So he needed to establish a sense of fear.

By making false claims and exaggerating about everything up until this date, Bush actually found 150 million people even more thick-headed than him to buy into everything. What George W. Bush did was very Machiavellian. He became like Napoleon, trying to conquer all the Arab countries and turn them into conformist consumers of the American culture.

What Bush did was a political and business move, and a phenomenal one at that. He was able to kill two birds with one stone. If he can garner the respect of people by constantly putting fear in them and transforming those Arabic people into idiot consumers to eventually put more money in Bush’s pocket, then all power to him.

And all power to us when I don’t have to pay $50 for gas and buy one of those deformed looking hybrid cars.

Seth Bleicher can be contacted at s.bleicher@umiami.edu.

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...