NEWS BRIEFS

College Republicans host week of political events
The UM College Republicans will be hosting “Elephant Stampede: A Week in Republican Politics” from Feb. 16-19. The week will consist of Republican speakers, a panel discussion on US Foreign Policy, Lincoln Penny Drive to benefit veterans, voter registration and much more. A kickoff “Rally for America” will take place on Feb. 16 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, email umcrclub@umcrnc.org.

Meet your SG candidates
Meet the candidates and Referenda Sponsors of this year’s Student Government Elections on the UC Patio on February 19 from 11:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m. The vice-presidential debate is on February 17th at the Rat at 7 p.m. and the presidential debate will be held on February 18 at the Rat at 7 p.m.

Library hours extended
In response to requests from students and faculty, the Richter Library will stay open until 10 p.m. on Saturdays during the Spring Semester. Throughout the semester, use will be analyzed to determine whether Saturday hours need to be expanded on a permanent basis. For information about hours over breaks and at other University of Miami Libraries, please see www.library.miami.edu

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...

Head coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the ninth annual Miami Women's Basketball Fantasy Ca ...

The yearly Miami Fall Invite will take place Friday through Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center, ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...