IMAGINARY FAKE, NOT UM FAKE

Are you sad, lonely, and single? Do you like long walks on the beach and candlelight dinners, but have no one to share it with? Are you going to be alone this Valentine’s Day?

Well, mope no longer. Just recently I was in the same situation, feeling down on myself, wondering why I’m such a loser, when I found my girlfriend. I was searching the Internet as I often do when I’m lonely, but this time I checked out eBay. Lo and behold, she appeared. My eyes lit up with joy, a true burst of happiness warmed me up inside: the girl of my dreams was on-sale for the small price of 25 dollars and rising. I jumped on the opportunity and began bidding away. After one day, two hours and 27 minutes of rigorous out biddings…she was mine.

You may be asking yourself what is included in this imaginary girlfriend purchase. Most of the imaginary girlfriend services advertised their letter writing, e-mails and even Instant Messages. The letters are personalized to fit your needs and wants. The letters are sent at various times, either weekly, monthly, or whenever your “girlfriend” is thinking about you. Some even scent their letters with perfume. You can even respond to the letters: once a letter is sent, the girl will respond personally. Some girls throw photos into the package to add to the scheme. I chose my girl, simply because she promised provocative photos and, as an added bonus, a pair of her thong panties. Man, did that get me some definite cool points.

The major plus with the purchase is that this girl will never dump you, at least not until your subscription expires. Many girls offer their services for only two months while others go up to six months, after which the dumping time approaches. The catch is that the client has the ability to choose the way he wishes to dump the girl, any way they choose to. To seal the deal, imaginary girlfriend will still respond trying to win you back before she eventually gives up.

Unfortunately, imaginary girlfriends are a dying breed. As the days pass, fewer and fewer of these spectacular creatures are appearing on eBay. They are either being purchased or are simply being removed. Whether or not they are being banned or not, the amount of girls is drastically diminishing. So…if you are interested in purchasing an imaginary girlfriend, act quickly and begin bidding while supplies last.

Jim Makowski can be contacted at j.makowski@umiami.edu.

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...