The Opus Breathing Lessons

After listening to the CD for 10 minutes, without hearing a trace of lyrics or vocals. I began to get worried. It wasn’t until I looked at the brief description that came along with the CD telling me this was “instrumental hip-hop” that I understood what was going on. This was a first for me, and hopefully the last. It’s sad that they locked “themselves in their Chicago studio” to come up with music like this. Since I can only base my opinion of the CD from the production standpoint, the beats are reminiscent of late 80’s, early 90’s hip hop – just the typical drum and bass loop and the addition of a few sound effects of people saying words of another language. I wish I could say that there was a track that stood out to me from Breathing Lessons, but I’m clearly out of breath.

Marcus Washington can be contacted at m.Washington@umiami.edu.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...