JOY & JAKE brighten up your world

Funky / Fresh / Fun

While walking by the UC patio today if you happen to have been sidetracked by the bright and colorful array of bedding, then you just met JOY&JAKE designs. JOY&JAKE bed and bath furnishings are hosting a $1000 bedroom makeover taking place right here on our campus. Yes, you have a chance to win. Pass by the patio from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. today and register for the sweepstakes and a chance to transform your bedroom into a vivid, comfy abode.

Their Story:

Joy Haizen and Jake Jacobson met on an airplane and it was “love at first flight.” In their early 30’s, they wanted to create home furnishings that reflected their personal style – both in fashion and in life. They combined both of their creative strengths and passions, forming the brand that is now known as JOY&JAKE.

JOY&JAKE pays tribute to the retro flair distinctive of the earlier decades of the 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s. The vibrant, vivid color palette found in their bed and bath furnishings shout out funky, fresh, and fun. The conventional comfort of granny’s bed has been transformed into modern, fuzzy chenille bedspreads. According to their press release, JOY&JAKE’s designs are “invigorated by their plush fabrics and oversize motifs.” They “tastefully revamp flea-market-find nostalgia into savvy, urban style.”

The JOY&JAKE collection includes bedding in patterns such as juicy cherries, hibiscus flowers, banana leaves, and stripes. Its trimming ranges from ruffles and pompom edging to button details all in refreshing colors such as white, cool blue, lavender, and apple green. The novel pillows made from textures such as Mongolian lamb, knits, and suede delight in comfort and style as the assortment of shapes and sizes allow for options.

A highly acclaimed celebrity has been the JOY&JAKE travel cases who have made their way onto the arms of Brittany Murphy, Thalia, Gloria Estefan, and even Nicole Kidman. These multipurpose cases pose in the closets of these celebs but are also perfect for the fashionista, funky purse collector, or weekend getaway. As said in InStyle Magazine, “The glamorous jet-setter look begins with a suitcase that packs a punch.”

JOY&JAKE’s audience and clientele break free from certain age groups, innovatively accomplishing what many designers have aspired but few have achieved: versatile patterns akin to the likes of teens, college kids, and fresh, hip adults of any age. Their tropical island-inspired sets add life to any room, as do their mature tones of suede solids and stripes. Joy and Jake design their collection with both genders in mind, making sure that their products appeal and satisfy both men and women alike.

JOY&JAKE has been featured in magazines such as San Francisco, Time Out New York, Lucky, InStyle, The Boston Globe, Red Book, and Room x Room. They currently supply 100 stores across the U.S., Canada, and Europe, including department stores such as Bloomingdale’s and Nordstrom, and spanning to Flight 001, Fred Segal, Urban Outfitters and countless other boutiques. You can also directly peruse their inventory while shopping online at their website www.joyandjake.com.

Christie Asencio can be contacted at c.asencio@umiami.edu.