Sports Briefs

The University of Miami women’s track and field team fell one spot to No. 14 in the latest Trackwire 25 rankings released Tuesday.
The Hurricanes have four individuals and one relay ranked in their respective events by Trackwire. Junior All-American Lauryn Williams ranks third in the nation in the 60-meters while sophomore All-American Charlette Greggs ranks ninth in the 400-meters.
Miami has two freshmen jumpers ranked by Trackwire including triple jumper Tabia Charles who is ranked third, and long jumper Brenda Faluade who is ranked 11th.
In addition, the UM 4×400-meter relay is ranked fourth in the nation according to Trackwire.

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...