LETTER TO THE EDITOR

To the Editor:

Ben Minkus has failed readers of The Hurricane. His failure to research his article demonstrates a lack of journalistic integrity. I know his facts are wrong because I intern for the Marketing Department of Global Spectrum (the management company for the Convocation Center), so I have accurate knowledge as to how things work.

“[The] Convocation Center events committee has absolutely no idea what it’s doing.” No, Mr. Minkus, that would be you. No such thing as a “Convocation Center Events Committee” exists. The Convocation Center works with third party promoters who rent the arena, and thereby take the risk on the success of the event. It is presumptuous of Mr. Minkus to assume that since he does not like Good Charlotte, all other college students are not fans. It is also na

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...

Early voting in Florida began this week and will last through Nov. 1. Here’s a rundown of everything students need to know about upcoming campus events, from the final debate watch party to transportation to the polls. ...