THE EXPERTS SAY . . .

This week’s topic: FITNESS

Want to get in shape for the new year?

10 things to keep in mind:

1. Start easy and move up.
2. Eat sensible meals every three to four hours.
3. Stretch!
4. Work out with friends.
5. Do cardiovascular exercise for 30 minutes to an hour every other day.
6. Lift weights on non-cardio days.
7. Celebrate small successes.
8. Take a day off every once in a while.
9. Take front, back and side pics of
yourself once a month to keep
track of your progress.
10. Keep a journal or calendar of daily exercise activities and calorie intake.
Upcoming programs:

The Wellness Center will be launching its ‘Cane Quick Fit Challenge.
This program provides a comprehensive fitness program plus encourages proper nutrition. Watch for materials on campus describing the program.
The Wellness Center also offers a fitness room, fitness classes, intramural and club sports, racquetball courts, indoor swimming pool, basketball courts and much more. Get in some extra activity by walking to class or around the new walking trail.
The Wellness Center also offers nutrition consultants and personal trainers.

For more information on these programs, please contact the Wellness Center at 305-284-LIFE.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Canes find themselves in the mix for a couple o ...

It was May 2015, and the Miami Herald was reporting for a feature on high school football players ab ...

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

The 2019 NFL draft begins tonight from Nashville, Tennessee, and continues through Saturday with sev ...

The final concrete slabs for the 25 interconnected buildings of the newly named Lakeside Village are ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team won ACC Player of the Year for the seco ...

Sophomore Adria Soriano Barrera earned second team accolades for the second straight season, while f ...

Miami and adidas today unveiled the first-ever baseball jerseys made from Parley Ocean Plastic. ...

Michael Amditis tied a career-high with three hits and a homer to help the #24 Canes sweep FIU. ...

Miami earns sixth seed in Cle Elum Regional, hosted by the University of Washington. ...