THE EXPERTS SAY . . .

This week’s topic: FITNESS

Want to get in shape for the new year?

10 things to keep in mind:

1. Start easy and move up.
2. Eat sensible meals every three to four hours.
3. Stretch!
4. Work out with friends.
5. Do cardiovascular exercise for 30 minutes to an hour every other day.
6. Lift weights on non-cardio days.
7. Celebrate small successes.
8. Take a day off every once in a while.
9. Take front, back and side pics of
yourself once a month to keep
track of your progress.
10. Keep a journal or calendar of daily exercise activities and calorie intake.
Upcoming programs:

The Wellness Center will be launching its ‘Cane Quick Fit Challenge.
This program provides a comprehensive fitness program plus encourages proper nutrition. Watch for materials on campus describing the program.
The Wellness Center also offers a fitness room, fitness classes, intramural and club sports, racquetball courts, indoor swimming pool, basketball courts and much more. Get in some extra activity by walking to class or around the new walking trail.
The Wellness Center also offers nutrition consultants and personal trainers.

For more information on these programs, please contact the Wellness Center at 305-284-LIFE.

It was maybe coincidence, but positioned just behind his left shoulder as Tyrique Stevenson spoke ab ...

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled a new turnover chain this season, replacing the bedazzled “U” that han ...

Before now, the last time the Miami Hurricanes scored 21 or fewer points in four consecutive games w ...

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

Miami wraps up its season-opening homestand with a 2 p.m. Saturday matchup against Bethune-Cookman a ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced Thursday the signing of three golfers to N ...