THE EXPERTS SAY . . .

This week’s topic: FITNESS

Want to get in shape for the new year?

10 things to keep in mind:

1. Start easy and move up.
2. Eat sensible meals every three to four hours.
3. Stretch!
4. Work out with friends.
5. Do cardiovascular exercise for 30 minutes to an hour every other day.
6. Lift weights on non-cardio days.
7. Celebrate small successes.
8. Take a day off every once in a while.
9. Take front, back and side pics of
yourself once a month to keep
track of your progress.
10. Keep a journal or calendar of daily exercise activities and calorie intake.
Upcoming programs:

The Wellness Center will be launching its ‘Cane Quick Fit Challenge.
This program provides a comprehensive fitness program plus encourages proper nutrition. Watch for materials on campus describing the program.
The Wellness Center also offers a fitness room, fitness classes, intramural and club sports, racquetball courts, indoor swimming pool, basketball courts and much more. Get in some extra activity by walking to class or around the new walking trail.
The Wellness Center also offers nutrition consultants and personal trainers.

For more information on these programs, please contact the Wellness Center at 305-284-LIFE.

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

For three years earlier this decade, Marlins Park would masquerade as a football venue at least once ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...