THE BLUE ONE, OR THE PINK? Follow us to a tee party

Deluz Designs, meaning “from light” in Spanish, named for a previous business venture, debuted their hot tees this past week in Miami’s own Design District. Deluz hosted a sexy tee party on Wednesday the 21st from 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., promising a good time with music and drinks. But promises need not be made as the line of tees spoke for themselves. Climbing the stairs to loft 302 the beats could be heard before entering the door, along with the low hum of people conversing, drowning out the sound of the rain outside and the expectations lingering in the back of minds. Inside, the shirts were displayed modestly on sawhorses, a clothesline, a paint splashed ladder, and numerous tables of raw lumber. Gillian, creator and designer of the tees created a slew of shirts in about four days, previous to the debut party, proving her creative genius. Moving from Chicago one year ago, Gillian and partner Eric, a phenomenal mosaic artist, say that they “like to intertwine all their skills.” Some of Eric’s mosaic designs, particularly the sexy and demure silhouette of a dancing girl appear on the tees, printed squarely on tie dyed tank tops ranging in colors from teal to gray. The shirts covered a range of fabrics and designs, catering to the wide clientele. Specifically aimed towards women, the shirts were mostly love themed, although one long sleeved shirt with slit sleeves proudly stated, “Why be a rock and not a roll?” Some of the other favorites were a red velvet top, a yellow cap sleeve tee with a brown dump-trunk print, and cotton tees with prints of vintage cars and sayings of besos (kisses) and amor (love). Not to be left out boys white cotton tees hung on the side, decorated with brown prints of vintage cars and machinery. For now the tees will be displayed in the loft, Gillian and Eric’s work and living space. Shirts ran from about $25 to $50, with most resting in the $27 to $35 range, extremely affordable for attaining one of these masterpieces of fashion. Deluz Designs can be contacted at 305-576-1755 and is located in downtown Miami. Fall in love with these sexy tees and make a statement that no one will be able to resist staring at.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The global exploration, media, and education company will kick off a national campaign at UM to offe ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...

The University of Miami volleyball team is set to host Clemson and Georgia Tech in the first of four ...

Four members of the Miami women's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Cham ...