NEWS BRIEFS

Nominees sought for Foote student leadership award

Nominate a senior with an outstanding academic and leadership record for the prestigious 2004 Edward T. Foote Award for Excellence in Student Leadership. Nomination information can be found by visiting www.miami.edu/leadership or by calling 305-284-6399.

Organization photos ending

Organization photos for the Ibis Yearbook will be taken for the last time the week of Jan. 26 through 30 from 6:45 to 11 p.m. in Mahoney/Pearson Room 103. To confirm a date and time for your organization to have its picture taken, please e-mail the Ibis Yearbook at ibiseditor@hotmail.com. You can also contact Tiffany at 305-284-6385 to schedule an appointment.

2003 yearbooks are here

The 2003 Ibis Yearbook is finally here! Have your 2004 picture taken now to get your 2003 yearbook a week early. If you have had your photo taken already, you can pick up your 2003 yearbook at this time. Underclassmen photos will be taken from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., and senior portraits from 4 – 6 p.m. on Jan. 26-30 in the UC Lounge. For more information, contact the Ibis Yearbook at 305-284-6385.

Quantum holds auditions for ‘West Side Story’

Love acting? Have talent? Then come down to the UC Ballrooms (second floor) from Feb. 3-6 between 5 and 8 p.m. and audition for Quantum Entertainment’s production of West Side Story. Prepare a one-minute, serio-comic monologue and 16 bars from a musical that best shows off your voice. Walk-ins are welcome during any of the hours listed, or reserve an audition appointment by sending an e-mail to WESTSIDECASTING@yahoo.com or call 305-284-4606. Appointments are six minutes in length. Dance auditions are held at 9 p.m. each night.

St. Jude’s seeks volunteers

Up Till Dawn is looking for people who are willing to help raise money for a great cause. St. Jude’s Children Research Hospital is a non-profit organization that treats children with life-threatening illnesses at no cost to the family. They also do research to find cures for these illnesses. If in fact they find a cure or breakthrough, they share it nation-wide free of cost. St. Jude’s is a hospital dedicated to making sure that no child is unable to receive treatment. If you or your organization would like help in this effort to raise money for the hospital, contact VSC at 305-284-GIVE.

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...