-EDGE: A fresh perspective on vice city

As a thriving and bustling metropolis Miami is known throughout the world for its chaotic and exhilarating nightlife, Latin infused culture, and classic silicone tits and palm trees. But behind the neon lights and all the overplayed hype, Miami is more than just Vice City, bare of all the fluff of what the world deems as this cities “culture.” Check out Miami’s hidden hot spots and judge for yourself:

G1556

1556 Washington Ave. South Beach

This hip boutique makes a fashion statement of its own. After its first month Miami debut, G1556 is already turning heads. Tees of “I fucked Paris Hilton” and “Save Michael” pose next to trucker hats of Von Bitch: hilarious playoffs of already mainstream controversies are its main squeeze. The space also features funky jewelry, purses, and skirts and showcases different local artists monthly in what’s known as the Full Moon Parties. Pass by on a full moon to shop and mingle alongside artists and fashionistas alike. But until then, drop in and make a statement of your own.

Tite Bite 1446 Washington Ave. South Beach

This tiny caf

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...