-EDGE: A fresh perspective on vice city

As a thriving and bustling metropolis Miami is known throughout the world for its chaotic and exhilarating nightlife, Latin infused culture, and classic silicone tits and palm trees. But behind the neon lights and all the overplayed hype, Miami is more than just Vice City, bare of all the fluff of what the world deems as this cities “culture.” Check out Miami’s hidden hot spots and judge for yourself:

G1556

1556 Washington Ave. South Beach

This hip boutique makes a fashion statement of its own. After its first month Miami debut, G1556 is already turning heads. Tees of “I fucked Paris Hilton” and “Save Michael” pose next to trucker hats of Von Bitch: hilarious playoffs of already mainstream controversies are its main squeeze. The space also features funky jewelry, purses, and skirts and showcases different local artists monthly in what’s known as the Full Moon Parties. Pass by on a full moon to shop and mingle alongside artists and fashionistas alike. But until then, drop in and make a statement of your own.

Tite Bite 1446 Washington Ave. South Beach

This tiny caf

University of Miami experts discuss the potential mental health impacts in the Bahamas following Hur ...

The Fall Lecture series explores topics on accelerated resolution therapy treatments, pain managemen ...

As the Bahamas urges tourists to visit its islands unaffected by Hurricane Dorian, University of Mia ...

Katya Saunders, president of the Bahamian Students Association, is leading a relief effort to help h ...

The uniqueness of the University of Miami—as a place to live, learn, share knowledge, and innovate—s ...

Hurricanes standouts Mykea Gray and Beatrice Mompremier have the opportunity of a lifetime this week ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba, the reigning NCAA singles champion, opens the 2019-20 season ranked second i ...

This weekend, Canes men's tennis coach Aljosa Piric became a U.S. Citizen – and reflected on th ...

The Hurricanes opened their five-game homestand on Saturday with a big win over Bethune-Cookman and, ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback Jarren Williams was named ACC Rookie of the Week a ...