LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Re “Standing up for the Palestinians” Editorial, 11/21

Re: “Standing up for the Palestinians” Editorial, 11/21

To The Editor:

This is a letter of thanks concerning the Editorial: Standing up for the Palestinians in the 11/21 issue. Having read the article we wanted to thank you for your objectivity and open outlook.
Many times in lectures on the Israeli-Palestinian issue a speaker will merely portray their own point of view and ignore challenging questions from the audience. An opinion that has not considered the alternative and questioned the challenging aspects of an extremely challenging and complex situation, is not an opinion that should be given credence to talk with authority. Lauren DeSalvo proved that her value as a respected speaker on the subject serves only the purpose of conveying her own personal opinion, and not that of broader education or understanding of the issue.
In light of this we want to extend our most sincere thanks for the article’s highlighting of that issue. It is refreshing and uplifting to know that there are people, especially those in the press, that appreciate the importance of objectivity, the imperative of education and the value of the alternative argument.

Sincerely,
Chabad at University of Miami

CORRECTION:
In the 11/21 editorial, the name of the representative of ISM was Lauren Anzaldo. We apologize for the mistake.

It was maybe coincidence, but positioned just behind his left shoulder as Tyrique Stevenson spoke ab ...

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled a new turnover chain this season, replacing the bedazzled “U” that han ...

Before now, the last time the Miami Hurricanes scored 21 or fewer points in four consecutive games w ...

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

Miami wraps up its season-opening homestand with a 2 p.m. Saturday matchup against Bethune-Cookman a ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced Thursday the signing of three golfers to N ...