LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Re “Standing up for the Palestinians” Editorial, 11/21

Re: “Standing up for the Palestinians” Editorial, 11/21

To The Editor:

This is a letter of thanks concerning the Editorial: Standing up for the Palestinians in the 11/21 issue. Having read the article we wanted to thank you for your objectivity and open outlook.
Many times in lectures on the Israeli-Palestinian issue a speaker will merely portray their own point of view and ignore challenging questions from the audience. An opinion that has not considered the alternative and questioned the challenging aspects of an extremely challenging and complex situation, is not an opinion that should be given credence to talk with authority. Lauren DeSalvo proved that her value as a respected speaker on the subject serves only the purpose of conveying her own personal opinion, and not that of broader education or understanding of the issue.
In light of this we want to extend our most sincere thanks for the article’s highlighting of that issue. It is refreshing and uplifting to know that there are people, especially those in the press, that appreciate the importance of objectivity, the imperative of education and the value of the alternative argument.

Sincerely,
Chabad at University of Miami

CORRECTION:
In the 11/21 editorial, the name of the representative of ISM was Lauren Anzaldo. We apologize for the mistake.

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

For three years earlier this decade, Marlins Park would masquerade as a football venue at least once ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...