L&A QUALITY SMACK REHAB

Life & Art Editor

THE FOLLOW-UP

So, yeah, the last newspaper of the semester hits newsstands and the Web on December 5. Look for t-h-e follow-up then, when “solid” answers will have developed. As readers of this publication, it is my belief (and perhaps L&A’s only) that you deserve to know what is going on. Thank you for the support (even if you disagree – all that is needed here is more communication). It all goes onto an equal and open field for the better.

AWAITING THE FOLLOW-UP

So, yeah, umm…now what? Do I diss the ever-caught-in-a-trap-of-odd-smugness Mike Myers for making The Cat in the Hat?

HEAVENQUEST DSV

So, yeah…word, Jonathan Brandis is dead-at-27. During times like this I wonder why in the hell I wasted a handful of hours watching “SeaQuest DSV” instead of learning a second language. And, The Neverending Story 2 – well, remember when hearing the title did a number on you? Try being in that thing. RIP dude.

RICH GIRL

So, yeah, g-r-e-a-t, Ally Hilfiger was at Revolver recently. So, yeah, like, yeah, like, yeah, like…

EAVESDROPPING & “GIRLS ON FILM”

So, yeah, this is when you eavesdrop on the young girls and boys at UM saying stuff like, “I can’t believe Christmas is so close because it is so warm.” (Douse in enthusiasm, a little laughter, and follow with sips from Cokes at the food court.)

But, really, it can be quite strange, like driving past trick-or-treaters in 80* weather. Ben Minkus’ opinion column (and coinciding photo) better explained this realization in the last issue – a well-written dose of optimism within a documentation of badness and frustration – thanks for the sanity man.

If you need a little rehab during finals, when those up-stairs-down-stairs dorm flings get snuffed out, when the ‘rents’ aren’t sending pre-flight cash (bastards): Duran Duran (seriously) is the answer. Download “To the Shore” or go cop their first album, it looks like (see image) and will put snowflakes on your palm trees and then melt them away in sunny South Beach full-on glee.

ANTE-ING UP

Ante-ing up.

Hunter Stephenson can be reached at Huntlaed@hotmail.com.

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...

Quick Hits gives University of Miami volleyball fans an inside scoop on the latest additions to the ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...