WE ARE NOT THE ENEMY: DO YOU KNOW WHO IS?

Well, well, well…something tells me we’re not liked around here. Livid and malevolent censurers clandestinely waft in the air.

PROTEST is the word of the day, if you please.

And so the negations of the FTAA (Free Trade Area of the Americas, for those oblivious to the hype) have almost expired here in Miami, yes, dichotomous sides battling it out, riot police in the streets downtown, many stores told by law enforcement not to sell any gas masks to anyone “who looks like a protester.”

Since Monday morning, photographer Al Crespo – freelancer for the Associated Press – has been rat racing with the media through the city to find protesters and capture them on camera. Last Saturday, he opened a brief-standing show of prints for sale in a silent auction at a space downtown called Inlife (check the “Eye Filler” on p. 15 to see what else happened there).

Through slicing snapped shots and a revealing lens, Crespo swiftly immobilizes pictures of people in demonstration from 1997 to 2001 and then, with spirited

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...