LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Re: What exactly is in the C-Store? (18/11/03)

So, my fellow freaks and I were sitting around the information desk and we happened to come across an article in the November 18, 2003 issue of the Miami Hurricane. The article was titled “What exactly is in the C-Store. ” We had several problems with this article.

First of all, the people at the information desk are the same people that work at Ticketmaster. Even though we are greatly appreciative of the advertisement, we thought we would clear things up. Ticketmaster’s hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30-3:00, which is clearly stated above the window (not Sunday as referred to in the article). The Ticketmaster on campus also only accepts cash. The article stated, “On the way there, there’s a Ticketmaster in the middle – it’s just a tiny window where some freak works all day.” The problem with this is that although Ticketmaster is in a small window in that exactly location, there are many people that work in the Ticketmaster office, not just some “freak.”

Second of all, there are many things to do around the University Center and it is very sad that any student, let alone a junior, has never stepped foot in it. Some of the things that happen around the UC on a regular basis are concerts outside in the patio and club meetings upstairs. That’s in addition to the pool, billiard tables, ping pong tables, newspaper and yearbook offices, Sbarros, Storm Surge, travel agency, copy center, Credit Union, the C-store, the base of many clubs on campus, computer lab, and let’s not forget the very talented jugglers that come to the breezeway every Thursday night. Oh yeah, not to mention, the main attraction: the Ticketmaster and the information desk, where all the freaks work.

Finally, if you’re ever in the UC and have a question, the information desk is there to help. If you need a ticket to a concert, game or other event in Florida, you can buy your tickets at Ticketmaster. So, feel free to come talk to us. Although we may be weird, we certainly aren’t freaks.

P.S. The C-Store does carry Lifestyle condoms.

Justin Diamond

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...