LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Re: What exactly is in the C-Store? (18/11/03)

So, my fellow freaks and I were sitting around the information desk and we happened to come across an article in the November 18, 2003 issue of the Miami Hurricane. The article was titled “What exactly is in the C-Store. ” We had several problems with this article.

First of all, the people at the information desk are the same people that work at Ticketmaster. Even though we are greatly appreciative of the advertisement, we thought we would clear things up. Ticketmaster’s hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30-3:00, which is clearly stated above the window (not Sunday as referred to in the article). The Ticketmaster on campus also only accepts cash. The article stated, “On the way there, there’s a Ticketmaster in the middle – it’s just a tiny window where some freak works all day.” The problem with this is that although Ticketmaster is in a small window in that exactly location, there are many people that work in the Ticketmaster office, not just some “freak.”

Second of all, there are many things to do around the University Center and it is very sad that any student, let alone a junior, has never stepped foot in it. Some of the things that happen around the UC on a regular basis are concerts outside in the patio and club meetings upstairs. That’s in addition to the pool, billiard tables, ping pong tables, newspaper and yearbook offices, Sbarros, Storm Surge, travel agency, copy center, Credit Union, the C-store, the base of many clubs on campus, computer lab, and let’s not forget the very talented jugglers that come to the breezeway every Thursday night. Oh yeah, not to mention, the main attraction: the Ticketmaster and the information desk, where all the freaks work.

Finally, if you’re ever in the UC and have a question, the information desk is there to help. If you need a ticket to a concert, game or other event in Florida, you can buy your tickets at Ticketmaster. So, feel free to come talk to us. Although we may be weird, we certainly aren’t freaks.

P.S. The C-Store does carry Lifestyle condoms.

Justin Diamond

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...