BASKETBALL ’03-’04 STARTING LINEUP

YALONDA McCormick
POSITION: Point Guard
HEIGHT: 5 feet 8 inches
HOMETOWN: Miami, FL
McCormick is expected to make a major impact at the point guard position. She was one of the most valuable players on the team last season, averaging 10.2 points and 3.2 rebounds a game.

MELISSA Knight
POSITION: Shooting Guard
HEIGHT: 5 feet 11 inches
HOMETOWN: Philadelphia, PA
Knight emerged as a three-point shooting threat last season, and her stingy defense earned her more playing time down the stretch. Knight averaged 6.6 points a game as a sophomore.

TAMARA James
POSITION: Forward
HEIGHT: 5 feet 9 inches
HOMETOWN: Dania, FL
James was one of the biggest surprises in the Big East last season, averaging 21 points and 7.9 rebounds a game. She is expected to compete with Connecticut’s Diana Taurasi for the Big East Player of the Year Award. James earned Preseason All-America Honorable Mention honors earlier this month.

CHANIVIA Broussard
POSITION: Forward
HEIGHT: 6 feet 0 inches
HOMETOWN: Miami, FL

Broussard will be one of the leaders of this year’s Hurricanes after averaging 9.4 points and 4.3 rebounds a game as a junior. She was named to the All-Big East second team as a sophomore, and led the team in scoring as a freshman.

SHAQUANA Wilkins
POSITION: Center
HEIGHT: 6 feet 2 inches
HOMETOWN: Plymouth, FL

Wilkins will be counted on for leadership, rebounding, defense, and timely scoring after contributing throughout her first three seasons. As a junior last season, Wilkins averaged 8.5 points and 6.0 rebounds, starting every game for the Hurricanes.

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...