BASKETBALL: ’03-’04 STARTING LINEUP

WILLIAM Frisby
POSITION Forward
HEIGHT 6 feet 8 inches
WEIGHT 235 pounds
HOMETOWN Bay Shore, NJ

Frisby returns to the Hurricanes this season after sitting out last year with a foot injury. He will be counted on for rebounding, defense, and athleticism as he takes on opposing centers from the Big East. As a sophomore, Frisby averaged 1.5 points and 1.4 rebounds.

DARIUS Rice
POSITION Forward
HEIGHT 6 feet 10 inches
WEIGHT 222 pounds
HOMETOWN Jackson, MS

Rice, a preseason candidate for the Wooden and Naismith awards, led the Hurricanes in scoring last season with 18.7 points a game. Rice has started throughout his Miami career, and will be the centerpiece of the ‘Canes’ offense this year. Rice is expected to be a high draft pick next year, and the entire country will be curious to see how he performs in his final season with the Hurricanes.

Wilkins ERIC
POSITION Guard/Forward
HEIGHT 6 feet 4 inches
WEIGHT 196 pounds
HOMETOWN Plainfield, NJ

Wilkins played in all 28 games as a freshman, averaging 4.4 points, 2.0 rebounds, and 1.4 assists. His size, strength, and athletic ability have earned him a starting spot this year. Wilkins has a vertical leap of 39.5 inches.

ROBERT Hite
POSITION Guard
HEIGHT 6 feet 2 inches
WEIGHT 186 pounds
HOMETOWN Cincinnati, OH

Hite played in all 28 games as a freshman, starting 18 of them at the off-guard position. He averaged 7.3 points, 3.6 rebounds, 1.4 assists, and 1.1 steals per game. He will be counted on as the second option behind Rice in the Hurricanes’ offense, and has worked on his defense all summer. Hite put on about 10 pounds of muscle in the off season.

AMROMDO Surratt
POSITION Point Guard
HEIGHT 5 feet 11 inches
WEIGHT 173 pounds
HOMETOWN Oakland, CA

Surratt played in all 28 games last season, making 15 starts. He averaged 6.5 points, 2.0 rebounds, 3.3 assists, and 1.3 steals for the Hurricanes. He is known for his exceptional speed, court vision, passing, and ball handling abilities. Surratt will be counted on to be a floor general and tough defender for the ‘Canes.

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team closed out the 2019 Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegi ...

The University of Miami swimming & diving team begins its run at the 2019 ACC Swimming & Div ...

For the second week in a row, the Miami women's basketball team made the largest leap of any sc ...