BASKETBALL: ’03-’04 STARTING LINEUP

WILLIAM Frisby
POSITION Forward
HEIGHT 6 feet 8 inches
WEIGHT 235 pounds
HOMETOWN Bay Shore, NJ

Frisby returns to the Hurricanes this season after sitting out last year with a foot injury. He will be counted on for rebounding, defense, and athleticism as he takes on opposing centers from the Big East. As a sophomore, Frisby averaged 1.5 points and 1.4 rebounds.

DARIUS Rice
POSITION Forward
HEIGHT 6 feet 10 inches
WEIGHT 222 pounds
HOMETOWN Jackson, MS

Rice, a preseason candidate for the Wooden and Naismith awards, led the Hurricanes in scoring last season with 18.7 points a game. Rice has started throughout his Miami career, and will be the centerpiece of the ‘Canes’ offense this year. Rice is expected to be a high draft pick next year, and the entire country will be curious to see how he performs in his final season with the Hurricanes.

Wilkins ERIC
POSITION Guard/Forward
HEIGHT 6 feet 4 inches
WEIGHT 196 pounds
HOMETOWN Plainfield, NJ

Wilkins played in all 28 games as a freshman, averaging 4.4 points, 2.0 rebounds, and 1.4 assists. His size, strength, and athletic ability have earned him a starting spot this year. Wilkins has a vertical leap of 39.5 inches.

ROBERT Hite
POSITION Guard
HEIGHT 6 feet 2 inches
WEIGHT 186 pounds
HOMETOWN Cincinnati, OH

Hite played in all 28 games as a freshman, starting 18 of them at the off-guard position. He averaged 7.3 points, 3.6 rebounds, 1.4 assists, and 1.1 steals per game. He will be counted on as the second option behind Rice in the Hurricanes’ offense, and has worked on his defense all summer. Hite put on about 10 pounds of muscle in the off season.

AMROMDO Surratt
POSITION Point Guard
HEIGHT 5 feet 11 inches
WEIGHT 173 pounds
HOMETOWN Oakland, CA

Surratt played in all 28 games last season, making 15 starts. He averaged 6.5 points, 2.0 rebounds, 3.3 assists, and 1.3 steals for the Hurricanes. He is known for his exceptional speed, court vision, passing, and ball handling abilities. Surratt will be counted on to be a floor general and tough defender for the ‘Canes.

While the University of Miami has just three Class of 2019 oral commitments on offense, the Canes ha ...

Gerald Willis’ monster season has earned another piece of national recognition. On Monday, the Miami ...

It hasn’t been a great few weeks on the recruiting trail for the Miami Hurricanes with regards to of ...

A six-pack of Heat notes, leading up to Heat-Lakers on Monday night: ▪ In the days before one of his ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...