POLICE BEAT: Self-defense courses available for women

SAFETY TIP OF THE WEEK
The Rape Aggression Defense System is an internationally recognized program of realistic self-defense tactics and techniques for women. The R.A.D. System is a comprehensive, women-only course that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and risk avoidance, while progressing on to the basics of hands-on defense training. R.A.D. is not a Martial Arts program.
The courses are taught by nationally certified R.A.D. Instructors and provide each student with a workbook and reference manual. This manual outlines the entire Physical Defense Program for reference and continuous personal growth and is the key to their free lifetime return and practice policy for R.A.D. graduates. RAD is also the only self-defense program endorsed by the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA).
For information contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 29

1:58 p.m. 5665 Ponce de Leon Burglary
3:50 p.m. 1311 Miller Dr.
Grand Theft

THURSDAY OCTOBER 30

12:34 p.m. 5665 Ponce de Leon Burglary

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 1

12:40 a.m. 1200 Dickinson Dr.
Hit and Run
1:52 a.m. 5800 San Amaro Dr.
Hit and Run

MONDAY NOVEMBER 3

3:15 p.m. 1530 Liguria Ave. Grand Theft
5:42 p.m. 5202 University Dr. Criminal Mischief
6:19 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Theft

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 4

5:20 a.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Criminal Mischief
2:25 p.m. 6100 San Amaro Dr. Criminal Mischief
4:24 p.m. 5202 University Dr.
Grand Theft

The Hurricane is currently working to improve Police Beat by working with Coral Gables Police Department.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...