SG UPDATE: Four New Senators appointed to UM Student Government

During last week’s meeting, four students were ratified into the SG Senate: Stephanie Soricelli as School of Education senator, Christopher R. Vasquez as Pearson Residential College senator, Silia Sagre as School of Nursing senator and Ramiro Munoz as School of Architecture senator.

Along with the ratifications, President Scott Sadowski presented his State of the University address.

Highlighting the improvements Student Government has implemented, Sadowski discussed the increased internal communication and executive board dedication. He praised the PR committee for their efforts in the “For U by U” campaign and the SG website which is currently under construction.

Sadowski also discussed upcoming projects including having a shuttle before breaks to take students to Miami International Airport.

Sadowski ended his speech expressing his enjoyment in working with all of SG.

If anyone has any complaints, problems, or concerns, inform your SG senator and he or she will contact the proper individuals.

For more information on SG, visit the SG website at www.miami.edu/sg, stop by the office in UC 214, or call 305-284-3082.

To contact SG, email them at studentgovernment@umiami.edu.

Senate meetings are held every Wednesday from 4 to 6 p.m. and are open to the public.

Meredith Friedman can be contacted at m.friedman@umiami.edu.

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...