SG UPDATE: Four New Senators appointed to UM Student Government

During last week’s meeting, four students were ratified into the SG Senate: Stephanie Soricelli as School of Education senator, Christopher R. Vasquez as Pearson Residential College senator, Silia Sagre as School of Nursing senator and Ramiro Munoz as School of Architecture senator.

Along with the ratifications, President Scott Sadowski presented his State of the University address.

Highlighting the improvements Student Government has implemented, Sadowski discussed the increased internal communication and executive board dedication. He praised the PR committee for their efforts in the “For U by U” campaign and the SG website which is currently under construction.

Sadowski also discussed upcoming projects including having a shuttle before breaks to take students to Miami International Airport.

Sadowski ended his speech expressing his enjoyment in working with all of SG.

If anyone has any complaints, problems, or concerns, inform your SG senator and he or she will contact the proper individuals.

For more information on SG, visit the SG website at www.miami.edu/sg, stop by the office in UC 214, or call 305-284-3082.

To contact SG, email them at studentgovernment@umiami.edu.

Senate meetings are held every Wednesday from 4 to 6 p.m. and are open to the public.

Meredith Friedman can be contacted at m.friedman@umiami.edu.

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

The first debates of the Democratic presidential primary season will take place over two nights. How ...

Doctoral student Maria del Rosario Concha Mendez is spending the summer researching materials in the ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that led her to sign up w ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

Two outgoing Miami student-athletes, Emese Hof and Samantha Gonzalez, are among the record 585 nomin ...

Chris McMahon was selected to participate in the 2019 USA Baseball Collegiate National Team training ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...