SG UPDATE: Four New Senators appointed to UM Student Government

During last week’s meeting, four students were ratified into the SG Senate: Stephanie Soricelli as School of Education senator, Christopher R. Vasquez as Pearson Residential College senator, Silia Sagre as School of Nursing senator and Ramiro Munoz as School of Architecture senator.

Along with the ratifications, President Scott Sadowski presented his State of the University address.

Highlighting the improvements Student Government has implemented, Sadowski discussed the increased internal communication and executive board dedication. He praised the PR committee for their efforts in the “For U by U” campaign and the SG website which is currently under construction.

Sadowski also discussed upcoming projects including having a shuttle before breaks to take students to Miami International Airport.

Sadowski ended his speech expressing his enjoyment in working with all of SG.

If anyone has any complaints, problems, or concerns, inform your SG senator and he or she will contact the proper individuals.

For more information on SG, visit the SG website at www.miami.edu/sg, stop by the office in UC 214, or call 305-284-3082.

To contact SG, email them at studentgovernment@umiami.edu.

Senate meetings are held every Wednesday from 4 to 6 p.m. and are open to the public.

Meredith Friedman can be contacted at m.friedman@umiami.edu.

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

The University of Miami connects scholarship recipients with the donors who helped make their educat ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...