OL’ DIRTY BASHIO: Private ‘Stache and Sven’s revisioning of The Last Supper

Life & Art Editor

Albert Stache
Life & Art Secretary

Photos by Samantha Riepe
Life & Art Designer

What is this, MediaBistro.com?

Well, sort of, except the staff, media friends and fellow partiers of L&A lack that, “I write about important people in a bland cubicle all day and have a dire social life” look permeating from their eyes as they crack a smile with other boring journos and one-martini-tipsy editrixes and editors.

After making 5,000 glossy flyers and getting supremely minute amounts of zzzzz, the 1st annual “Life & Art Mustachio Bashio” went off, as L&A’s Ben Harrison would hollar, “Without a hitch!” Look out for a new L&A column entitled for “Sven und Ben’s Endless Vinyl Knowledge” in some dimension where people dress like Ben (above) everyday and cars chat about nice weather.

Our senior rap writer, Svengali Barth, went all Michelangelo on us and created this re-working of The Last Supper featuring a tribute to ‘stached vigilante Charles Bronson – in three days (!). Our wall is currently on sale for $19,000.

UM’s Private ‘Stache – Noah, MJ and B-Rob of The Empirical Mile – slayed with A+ laptop beats and more rhymes than a bottle’s got songs!

When the party was over, it looked like a dirt bike race had happened indoors. There were skate stickers everywhere, fake blood covered the bathroom, some kid left a red boxing glove on a couch (?) and some other kid was passed out on another. But it was all good. Lots of memories and connex were made. Plus, some dude named OCD Dan is cleaning our crib for ten dollars.

Before Daniel Carter decided to sign with the Pittsburgh Panthers out of St. Thomas Aquinas, the fou ...

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...