OL’ DIRTY BASHIO: Private ‘Stache and Sven’s revisioning of The Last Supper

Life & Art Editor

Albert Stache
Life & Art Secretary

Photos by Samantha Riepe
Life & Art Designer

What is this, MediaBistro.com?

Well, sort of, except the staff, media friends and fellow partiers of L&A lack that, “I write about important people in a bland cubicle all day and have a dire social life” look permeating from their eyes as they crack a smile with other boring journos and one-martini-tipsy editrixes and editors.

After making 5,000 glossy flyers and getting supremely minute amounts of zzzzz, the 1st annual “Life & Art Mustachio Bashio” went off, as L&A’s Ben Harrison would hollar, “Without a hitch!” Look out for a new L&A column entitled for “Sven und Ben’s Endless Vinyl Knowledge” in some dimension where people dress like Ben (above) everyday and cars chat about nice weather.

Our senior rap writer, Svengali Barth, went all Michelangelo on us and created this re-working of The Last Supper featuring a tribute to ‘stached vigilante Charles Bronson – in three days (!). Our wall is currently on sale for $19,000.

UM’s Private ‘Stache – Noah, MJ and B-Rob of The Empirical Mile – slayed with A+ laptop beats and more rhymes than a bottle’s got songs!

When the party was over, it looked like a dirt bike race had happened indoors. There were skate stickers everywhere, fake blood covered the bathroom, some kid left a red boxing glove on a couch (?) and some other kid was passed out on another. But it was all good. Lots of memories and connex were made. Plus, some dude named OCD Dan is cleaning our crib for ten dollars.

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship of one th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...