NEWS BRIEFS

Hurricane force rewards loyal fans
The Hurricane force reward program is here! This reward program is for all students who show their continuous support for the men’s and women’s basketball teams. Sign-ups will begin on Wednesday, Nov. 5, at the Student Challenge in the Convocation Center. Students who sign up throughout the season will receive a punch card and t-shirt for free, and will be eligible to win prizes such as pizza, bookstore certificates, South Beach hotel accommodations, roundtrip airline tickets and more! Sign up at the Student Challenge on Nov. 5 for more information.

Rock Climbing Club seeks climbers
The newly formed Rock Climbing Club is looking for members. The club meets on Tuesday to train and compete at X-treme, South Florida’s premier rock climbing facility. For more information, send an email to Ian at stikifingas@hotmail.com or Kate at kstar18@yahoo.com.

Cuban Heritage Collection now offering extended service hours
The Cuban Heritage Collection will be offering new public service hours: Monday through Tuesday and Thursday through Friday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Wednesday: 12 to 7 p.m. They will be providing regular services during the new late hours on Wednesdays. The Reading Room and the Exhibition Gallery will be fully accessible. Currently on display is “La Guarachera de Cuba: Celia Cruz Remembered,” a retrospective exhibit about the international talent who sang guaracha in her native Cuba and popularized salsa around the world. For information, call 305-284-4900 or visit us online at www.library.miami.edu/umcuban.

Immunization required for students
All new students are required to provide proof of immunization against measles and rubella, and all new international students must also submit proof of a tuberculosis test (PPD) within 12 months prior to registration. Students who do not comply with this requirement will not be able to register for the spring semester. Additional information and an Immunization Compliance Form are available at www.miami.edu/student-health. For further information please contact the Student Health Service at studenthealth@miami.edu or 305-284-5933.

Busta Rhymes performs at UM
Busta Rhymes is performing live at the Convocation Center, Thursday, Nov. 13 at 8 p.m. Also performing is Joe Budden. Bringing the heat to this mix of hip-hop and reggae are Dancehall Reggae sensation Cecile Plus, Liberator and Louie Rankin. Hosted by funnyman Frantz, from Def Comedy Jam and BET’s Comic View. Tickets are on sale now and students save money with a UM student ID, at the Convocation Center box office only. Don’t miss your chance to see one of the biggest acts in hip-hop today. For more information call 305-284-8686 or visit http://www.umconvocationcenter.com.

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...