NEWS BRIEFS

Hurricane force rewards loyal fans
The Hurricane force reward program is here! This reward program is for all students who show their continuous support for the men’s and women’s basketball teams. Sign-ups will begin on Wednesday, Nov. 5, at the Student Challenge in the Convocation Center. Students who sign up throughout the season will receive a punch card and t-shirt for free, and will be eligible to win prizes such as pizza, bookstore certificates, South Beach hotel accommodations, roundtrip airline tickets and more! Sign up at the Student Challenge on Nov. 5 for more information.

Rock Climbing Club seeks climbers
The newly formed Rock Climbing Club is looking for members. The club meets on Tuesday to train and compete at X-treme, South Florida’s premier rock climbing facility. For more information, send an email to Ian at stikifingas@hotmail.com or Kate at kstar18@yahoo.com.

Cuban Heritage Collection now offering extended service hours
The Cuban Heritage Collection will be offering new public service hours: Monday through Tuesday and Thursday through Friday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Wednesday: 12 to 7 p.m. They will be providing regular services during the new late hours on Wednesdays. The Reading Room and the Exhibition Gallery will be fully accessible. Currently on display is “La Guarachera de Cuba: Celia Cruz Remembered,” a retrospective exhibit about the international talent who sang guaracha in her native Cuba and popularized salsa around the world. For information, call 305-284-4900 or visit us online at www.library.miami.edu/umcuban.

Immunization required for students
All new students are required to provide proof of immunization against measles and rubella, and all new international students must also submit proof of a tuberculosis test (PPD) within 12 months prior to registration. Students who do not comply with this requirement will not be able to register for the spring semester. Additional information and an Immunization Compliance Form are available at www.miami.edu/student-health. For further information please contact the Student Health Service at studenthealth@miami.edu or 305-284-5933.

Busta Rhymes performs at UM
Busta Rhymes is performing live at the Convocation Center, Thursday, Nov. 13 at 8 p.m. Also performing is Joe Budden. Bringing the heat to this mix of hip-hop and reggae are Dancehall Reggae sensation Cecile Plus, Liberator and Louie Rankin. Hosted by funnyman Frantz, from Def Comedy Jam and BET’s Comic View. Tickets are on sale now and students save money with a UM student ID, at the Convocation Center box office only. Don’t miss your chance to see one of the biggest acts in hip-hop today. For more information call 305-284-8686 or visit http://www.umconvocationcenter.com.

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...