Lyrics by Josh Kaston

The unwavering scent of quince brings on the juggernaut:
Legs, like woolly tree trunks, marching
A locomotive beating down a beaten path
Over cratered purple landscapes
As trampling gives to stomping
Our careless queen is stuck.

Black sap oozes between her toes, swallowing her feet
But on she presses, intent with newfound sweetness
Losing sight of her knees, she heaps forward
Salivating eyes never deserting the glossy fruit
As knuckles crack, a muscle rips, ligaments are pulled
Her mighty brown shoulders sink into liquid night
Desperately, her trunk reaches out, searching, stretching, gasping…
And finally finds her luscious prize:

Too bad her mouth is already full of tar.

Josh Kaston can be reached at hey804@yahoo.com

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...