REPORT CARD

Offense: This was probably the most balanced game that the offense has played this season, gaining 342 yards on the ground and 259 yards passing. The unit must cut down on penalties if they want to beat Virginia Tech in a couple of weeks, however.
Grade: A-

Quarterback: Brock Berlin had his most consistent effort of the season, throwing for two touchdowns and no interceptions. He made much better decisions against Temple than in any other game this year. Derrick Crudup performed well in second-half duty.
Grade: A

Running Backs: The Hurricane running backs combined for a season-high 342 yards rushing, with Jarrett Payton gaining 115, Tyrone Moss picking up 135, and Geathers adding 17. The backs scored four touchdowns while exhausting the Owls’ defense.
Grade: A

Wide Receivers: Berlin and Crudup connected with nine different receivers, with Ryan Moore leading the group with four receptions for 45 yards. Kellen Winslow added four catches for 43 yards. It was nice to see Kyle Cobia, Darnell Jenkins, Kevin Everett, and Devin Hester get catches in the second half.
Grade: B+

Offensive Line: The line did a great job opening up holes for the running backs, and they only allowed one sack in the entire game. There were too many holding penalties, however, which could be very costly against a team like Virginia Tech.
Grade: B+

Defense: The defense gave up an early scoring drive and a 69-yard rushing touchdown, but the unit held up strong throughout the rest of the game. They held the nation’s leading passing attack to 21 yards passing, and allowed only 150 yards on the ground despite giving up the long run in the first half.
Grade: B+

Defensive Line: Giving up a 69-yard run to Jamil Porter is inexcusable, and the opening drive exposed some weaknesses in the d-line, but if they only allow 14 points against Virginia Tech, they should have a good chance to win the game. They forced Temple to punt eight times, allowing the offense to control the ball.
Grade: B+

Linebackers: Jon Vilma had a good game with a fumble recovery and eight tackles. D.J. Williams broke up a pair of passes, and Darrell McClover was solid.
Grade: B+

Secondary: The secondary did a nice job compensating for Sean Taylor’s injury, holding the No. 1 passing offense in the nation to 21 yards passing. The unit didn’t make any interceptions, but that was because the Owls never threw the ball downfield.
Grade: B+

Special Teams: Jon Peattie hit one of two field goals, and Brian Monroe did a much better job on kickoffs than in the Florida State game. The key play in the game was the fake punt in the third quarter, which gave the ‘Canes a 31-14 lead that they never relinquished.
Grade: A

University of Miami professors who study water treatment and civil engineering say that water contam ...

University of Miami experts in health geography, law, and public health weigh in on some of the issu ...

The Class of 2023 Stamps Scholars begin their first year at the University of Miami. ...

With 102 events already on their calendar, new initiatives are also on the horizon for the Universit ...

Economic expert Paulo Leme analyzes last week’s economic downturn. ...

Senior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Michael Pinckney and Zach McCloud have already made history ...

The Hurricanes kick off their 2019 soccer campaign Thursday night against UTRGV. ...

Blake James details how Miami and Florida agreed to renew their rivalry with an upcoming home-and-ho ...

adidas x Miami announce continued collaboration with Parley for the Oceans ...

Canes legend Michael Irvin will be attendance for the event the night before the Miami-Florida game. ...