How to get YOUR name on the NRA “Blacklist”

1) Visit www.nrablacklist.com.
2) Under the parade of smiling faces, click where it tells you to “join this honor roll by signing the petition.”
3) Enter your name, email address, and zip code; click “Stop The NRA!”
Congratulations! You have now joined the ranks of Jerry Seinfeld, CBS, and Maya Angelou in a list that the National Rifle Association compiled earlier this summer of people and organizations that have “officially endorsed anti-gun positions.”
The NRA says they made the list to satisfy members’ desires to know which people and groups were supporting their treasured Second Amendment rights, and who was a moving target.
No, they didn’t say that, but they did say that the way members (or anyone with an internet connection) “use the information is at their own discretion.”
See the ensemble of un-friendlies for yourself at the NRA-ILA website: http://www.nraila.com/ FactSheets.asp? FormMode= Detail&ID=15. The Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the congressman-piercing ammunition of the NRA.
The petition effort designed to create awareness of the blacklist you’ve just joined is part of the movement to stoptheNRA.com, “designed to oppose everything the NRA stands for.” They work with the Brady Campaign and the Million Mom March to prevent gun violence. Moreover, they believe that the NRA is “out of control!”
StoptheNRA.com asserts that the NRA has two clear intentions during the 2004 election season. The first is to prevent renewal of the Assault Weapons Ban signed by Bill Clinton in 1994 (S.1034, 1431 and H.R. 2038). The NRA claims that the bill is not simply a reauthorization of the 1994 bill but that “it bans millions more guns and begins backdoor registration of guns.” The new bill has no 10-year sunset provision; the bans will be permanent.
The second intention is the enactment of the Immunity Bill (S.659), which “would give gunmakers and dealers sweeping immunity from civil law suits.” It’s lovingly called the “Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.” StoptheNRA.com wants 10,000 signatures on their petition before they go to Congress.
Are you concerned about the “lobbying power” of a group of armed militiamen? The NRA website claims that in the 2002 election cycle it “endorsed thousands of candidates running in state legislative races and achieved an 85% success rate in those elections,” spending over ten million dollars. Did you know that the NRA ranks political candidates on their voting records, public statements, and responses to an NRA-developed questionnaire? They said the incredible themselves when they admitted that they had achieved the “election of pro-gun majorities in both the U.S. House and Senate” in 2002.
If you’re for what the NRA’s pushing, then visit www.nrahq.org (up pops Heston’s ancient face-be careful, he’s got a gun!) and contribute; otherwise, it’s worth your time to check out the blacklist.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ If N’Kosi Perry starts against North Carolina — as ma ...

Want a hot topic at the University of Miami? Quarterbacks. Want a hot unit? Defense. While Hurricane ...

The quarterback topic never gets old at the University of Miami, especially this week, when Hurrican ...

Mark Richt did what many of us expected Tuesday morning at the University of Miami’s Greentree Field ...

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Canes have not named a starting quarterback for Thursday's game vs. UNC, but they know they ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

View some of the top images from Estela Perez-Somarriba's Oracle ITA Masters title match victor ...

Lucia Marzal Martinez of the Miami women's tennis team competed as an amateur Tuesday in the Hi ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...