How to get YOUR name on the NRA “Blacklist”

1) Visit www.nrablacklist.com.
2) Under the parade of smiling faces, click where it tells you to “join this honor roll by signing the petition.”
3) Enter your name, email address, and zip code; click “Stop The NRA!”
Congratulations! You have now joined the ranks of Jerry Seinfeld, CBS, and Maya Angelou in a list that the National Rifle Association compiled earlier this summer of people and organizations that have “officially endorsed anti-gun positions.”
The NRA says they made the list to satisfy members’ desires to know which people and groups were supporting their treasured Second Amendment rights, and who was a moving target.
No, they didn’t say that, but they did say that the way members (or anyone with an internet connection) “use the information is at their own discretion.”
See the ensemble of un-friendlies for yourself at the NRA-ILA website: http://www.nraila.com/ FactSheets.asp? FormMode= Detail&ID=15. The Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the congressman-piercing ammunition of the NRA.
The petition effort designed to create awareness of the blacklist you’ve just joined is part of the movement to stoptheNRA.com, “designed to oppose everything the NRA stands for.” They work with the Brady Campaign and the Million Mom March to prevent gun violence. Moreover, they believe that the NRA is “out of control!”
StoptheNRA.com asserts that the NRA has two clear intentions during the 2004 election season. The first is to prevent renewal of the Assault Weapons Ban signed by Bill Clinton in 1994 (S.1034, 1431 and H.R. 2038). The NRA claims that the bill is not simply a reauthorization of the 1994 bill but that “it bans millions more guns and begins backdoor registration of guns.” The new bill has no 10-year sunset provision; the bans will be permanent.
The second intention is the enactment of the Immunity Bill (S.659), which “would give gunmakers and dealers sweeping immunity from civil law suits.” It’s lovingly called the “Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.” StoptheNRA.com wants 10,000 signatures on their petition before they go to Congress.
Are you concerned about the “lobbying power” of a group of armed militiamen? The NRA website claims that in the 2002 election cycle it “endorsed thousands of candidates running in state legislative races and achieved an 85% success rate in those elections,” spending over ten million dollars. Did you know that the NRA ranks political candidates on their voting records, public statements, and responses to an NRA-developed questionnaire? They said the incredible themselves when they admitted that they had achieved the “election of pro-gun majorities in both the U.S. House and Senate” in 2002.
If you’re for what the NRA’s pushing, then visit www.nrahq.org (up pops Heston’s ancient face-be careful, he’s got a gun!) and contribute; otherwise, it’s worth your time to check out the blacklist.

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 3-0 on the season following a 6-1 triumph ...