Fashion trends: How to know you’re insecure

A good friend told me last week that the clothes and jewelry you wear can describe your personality. She also suggested that my sense of fashion paralleled that of people living in padded white walls with straight jackets. She might be right (I am paranoid about computer chips the government puts in our heads). But then again, I would have to complain about what other people have to wear.
For example, why do some people have more than a dozen piercings in their body? I never understood why people would want to wear eight earrings, two nose rings, two eye rings, two lip rings, two nipple rings, and one genital ring. I just cannot believe that anyone with all those needle-size openings in their body could be emotionally secure. I think the more holes in your body, the lower your self-esteem. Think about it. No person puts all those holes in his body and says: “I am really happy with the way my life turned out.”
Next, what is the team name of the Abercrombie and Fitch logo? Is it the Warriors or the Spartans? I’m really surprised people have never noticed. Would that store please pick a name for that team? It sounds like a big high school rivalry except that fact that it’s probably a battle of which clientele is dumber when it comes to spending money on a simple, $25,000 A&F t-shirt.
Also, what do people possibly like in cargo pants? I admit, they look good but what do you need all those pockets for anyways? It looks like you took a regular pair of pants and added two more of those Velcro pouches just in case you leave civilization to go camping. Yeah, that’s it. You will leave the civilized world for no reason whatsoever and end up camping out in a crack house in Coconut Grove.
Finally, why do they have thongs for guys? Even if you like it, why would any man want a piece a string up his ass? I honestly think that they invented those thongs because it replaced the wedgies that these people received in elementary school. Or, you were once a really fat kid in recess playing on the playground with really small underwear. You were running so fast and the underwear was so small that it literally collapsed.
I guess that’s enough complaining for one week.

Seth Bleicher can be contacted at sethbleicher@yahoo.com.

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

Miami redshirt senior quarterback Malik Rosier was named to the preseason watch list for the Manning ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews revealed Thursday the team's schedule ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...