Fashion trends: How to know you’re insecure

A good friend told me last week that the clothes and jewelry you wear can describe your personality. She also suggested that my sense of fashion paralleled that of people living in padded white walls with straight jackets. She might be right (I am paranoid about computer chips the government puts in our heads). But then again, I would have to complain about what other people have to wear.
For example, why do some people have more than a dozen piercings in their body? I never understood why people would want to wear eight earrings, two nose rings, two eye rings, two lip rings, two nipple rings, and one genital ring. I just cannot believe that anyone with all those needle-size openings in their body could be emotionally secure. I think the more holes in your body, the lower your self-esteem. Think about it. No person puts all those holes in his body and says: “I am really happy with the way my life turned out.”
Next, what is the team name of the Abercrombie and Fitch logo? Is it the Warriors or the Spartans? I’m really surprised people have never noticed. Would that store please pick a name for that team? It sounds like a big high school rivalry except that fact that it’s probably a battle of which clientele is dumber when it comes to spending money on a simple, $25,000 A&F t-shirt.
Also, what do people possibly like in cargo pants? I admit, they look good but what do you need all those pockets for anyways? It looks like you took a regular pair of pants and added two more of those Velcro pouches just in case you leave civilization to go camping. Yeah, that’s it. You will leave the civilized world for no reason whatsoever and end up camping out in a crack house in Coconut Grove.
Finally, why do they have thongs for guys? Even if you like it, why would any man want a piece a string up his ass? I honestly think that they invented those thongs because it replaced the wedgies that these people received in elementary school. Or, you were once a really fat kid in recess playing on the playground with really small underwear. You were running so fast and the underwear was so small that it literally collapsed.
I guess that’s enough complaining for one week.

Seth Bleicher can be contacted at sethbleicher@yahoo.com.

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

It’s impossible for the Miami Hurricanes to ignore all the negative feedback which comes along with ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers’ win against the Virginia Tech Hokies was, for all intents and purposes, alr ...

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

The Canes know the importance a win over Virginia Tech on Saturday can have heading into the final w ...

The University of Miami women's golf team announced Thursday that international amateur standou ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

Tournament runs Nov. 21-24, 2019, in Charleston, S.C. ...