VISUAL NICHES 2 * – THIS DVD SUCKS

While watching Visual Niches 2, a compilation of music videos on DVD, I feel like I’m at some unknown house and can’t find the remote; this is terrible, it’s like waiting for MTV to drop a dope video.

Aside from not playing the same artists you see/hear every day, this thing has nothing going for it. I was only able to make it through two of the fifteen videos and this is the kind shit that makes it onto the walls at club Twist, or so I’ve heard. Basement Jaxx bite Meow Mix commercials and Babe on “Where’s Your head At? ,” somewhat creatively capitalizing on the current trend of animating mouths of animals; DJ Shadow pops up with “Walkie Talkie” (played out about a year ago); Roots Manuva stays on the side of rap that will never contribute anything to anything (for instances eating a banana in the kitchen and talking about understanding hunger on “Witness (One Hope).”

But hey, if you have a DVD player, and no antenna on your TV, leaving this on all day is a pretty good way to see how your power bill would swell if you did.

UM’s recruiting class — comprised so far of 14 non-binding commitments — has dropped to 40th overall ...

University of Miami basketball player Dewan Hernandez, who has missed the first nine games of the se ...

Anthony Solomon will head north for his college football career. The St. Thomas Aquinas linebacker a ...

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

Feelings of depression and anxiety rise during the holidays, but there’s plenty you can do to keep u ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team turned in another stellar defensive performance Sun ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...