POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

Safety Tip of the Week: Public Safety encourages anybody who has witnessed, or has information regarding, a crime to come forward. Many people fear repercussions or ridicule. For this reason, Public Safety has the Silent Witness program. If you have information about a crime that has occurred or is occurring on campus but would like to remain anonymous, visit www.miami.edu/publicsafety and click on Silent Witness to fill out a brief report.

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 1

5:20 p.m. 5615 Pavia St. Theft

THURSDAY OCTOBER 2

3:29 a.m. 1252 Memorial Dr. Criminal Mischief
12:12 p.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Grand Theft

FRIDAY OCTOBER 3

1:58 a.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Criminal Mischief
4:06 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Criminal Mischief
4:34 p.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Theft
6:32 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Petit Theft
7:17 p.m. 1251 Miller Dr. Grand Theft

SATURDAY OCTOBER 4

12:49 a.m. 1213 Walsh Ave. Burglary
2:32 a.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Criminal Mischief
3:09 a.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Burglary
5:19 p.m. 1101 Stanford Dr. Grand Theft

SUNDAY OCTOBER 5

7:18 p.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Burglary
7:51 p.m. 1223 Dickinson Dr. Theft

MONDAY OCTOBER 6

4:00 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Petit Theft
4:48 p.m. 1350 Miller Dr. Petit Theft

TUESDAY OCTOBER 7

12:45 p.m. 1252 Memorial Dr. Burglary
4:56 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Burglary

The Hurricane is currently working to improve Police Beat by working with Coral Gables Police Department.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...