Culture

A QUALITY SMACK: Bite me I’m Magical.

HAH!

Ah hah ha hah ha hah ha.

“JACKASS” WITH MORE DRUGS, FURRIES and NAKED GIRLS

If you haven’t done so, you should follow those power pellets over to the revamped Web site for “Kid America Adventure Hour,” this NYC cable access show that’s going to blow up by simply showing lots of blow heads doing lots of blow head activities [sex, angel dust, running around the subways in costumes] – mostly in small closets, cough, apartments in the City of Dreams. There’s plenty of clips – since you asked, I like Ava Habersham’s and Coffee Cakes’. You’ll be seeing this all over HBO or Showtime probably in the next year or two or never – it’s “Jackass” with less restriction and huger egos and makes for high-grade wasteoid TV. Twenty-somethings with snifflitus are quickly inheriting this nation and all its wonderful guilt and privy-ness. Follow the power pellets to KIDAMERICATV.COM.

BLACK IS THE NEW BLACK

If you haven’t done so, you should go see School of Rock – this Jack Black opus is downright heartfelt funny – that rare PG-13 dream that works like Project X starring Ferris B. but with jams by Zepp and Cream and AC/DC. It snatched up $20 million over the weekend, which makes Sarah Silverman, Jimmy Kimmel’s high IQ babe and frequent contributor to VICE and American comedy, that much more of a babe. Those goggles on the kid drummer are just “So lame dude” though.

MC ARJUN IS THE NEW BLACKER

Keep downing pitchers and writing rhymes and busting dumb hot freestyles at the Rat homie. Quack. Quack. Quack. Look out for the Life & Art exclusive interview coming soon. That new White Stripes video, with Jack Black and his drugged-out eye bags and unwashed hair is simply dumb hot. Does anyone read Street? Our staff thinks its damn pretty depressing and lame. And finally, two flicks you should give two fingers to see: Party Monster and Stoked: The Rise and Fall of Gator (Vision fashion!) open on the beach at Regal Cinema this Friday. Oh yeah, and Kill Bill – who needs sun?

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...