AESTHETIC: Original Art by L&A’s Sven Barth aka Syah

piece by Sven, summary by Hunter Stephenson

This work is in full, vibrant color on canvas. Sven Barth will have an art exhibit, his first in fact, at I/O Lounge in the Design District on Oct. 20. Quantic from the UK (a savant friend of Bonobo and Ninja Tune records) and Miami/NYC’s Egg Foo Young (think that film “The Abyss” meets DJ Shadow) will be performing afterwards. Other artists on display throughout the evening will be Reeve Schumacher of Miami and CROOK$ of Madison, Wisconsin, the dairy capital of the United States of America.

For more info, jump down the green pipe to IOLounge.com. If you’d like to inquire further about this piece or others in his collection, contact Syah at big_sven@hotmail.com.

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...

Quick Hits gives University of Miami volleyball fans an inside scoop on the latest additions to the ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...