NEWS BRIEFS

Spots open for trip to FSU game
Spots are still available for the UM vs. FSU trip package! The package includes hotel, bus ride to and from Tallahassee, game ticket and a t-shirt. This is an all or none deal. Students must ride on the bus both ways. The bus will leave Friday, Oct. 10 at 9 a.m., returning Sunday, Oct. 12. All students must be of graduate or undergraduate status, and have paid the student activity fee. For more information, call 305-284-3082.

Nominate Leader of the Month
Do you know any great student leaders? Has someone worked really hard in your organization? Then nominate them for Student Leader of the Month. Nomination forms are available in UC 209 and are due by Oct. 8 at 5 p.m.

Chick-fil-A drive-thru best in U.S.
QSR magazine has just released its annual “Best Drive-Thru in America” rankings. The results may actually surprise you. The top 10 overall rankings are: 1. Chick-fil-A, 2. Taco Bell, 3. Wendy’s, 4. Burger King, 5. El Pollo Loco, 6. Jack In The Box, 7. Taco John’s, 8. Arby’s, 9. KFC and 10. Checkers.
Hip Hop night hits Titanic brewery
Are your Tuesday nights a little dull? If so, stop by Titanic for Hip Hop night featuring DJ Boe 63rd and guest DJ Kurt J. Random spinning from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., with open mic from 11:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.

Tri Delta hosts golf fundraiser
Delta Delta Delta will be holding its first annual Tees Fore Tots charity golf tournament to raise money for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The tournament will be held on Sunday, Oct. 19 at 1 p.m. and includes 18 holes of golf, tons of prizes and a banquet and awards ceremony after the tournament! Cost is $75 for non-UM affiliates and $65 with a ‘Cane card. Registration is due by Oct. 12. For more information, contact Nichole Starr at ayla306@aol.com.

Mousepads here for survey-takers
If you are a first-year commuter student who attended orientation and filled out the CIRP survey, please stop by the Orientation and Commuter Student Affairs Office in UC 236 to pick up your complimentary mousepad that has your name on it. For more information, contact 305-284-5646.

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...