L&A PARTY CALENDAR: Binge drink with Empirical Mile, Kill Bill bash (shinobis only), Radiohead make the world fold, chug an Irish Car Bomb(s)

By Hunter Stephenson & Omar Sommereyns, Life & Art Editors-at-Large

TONIGHT

A swimming pool, kegs, girls, boys and Empirical Mile, cough, The Empirical Mile, jammity jamming all nite long. For directions hit up EmpiricalMile.com. Water and electricity are always a good mix.

Before you read it in L&A and then, let’s say, two months later, read it in Street, why not check out Atropia Galleries, 2200 NW Second Ave., and their opening exhibit Urban Artchitexture featuring music by Clubkid. If you spaz out, you’ll see it here Tuesday. Booooooooooo!

Let the Kill Bill madness flood your mind. The Village Voice is calling this, “The Most Violent American Film Ever Made,” and Life & Art Film Critic Shawn Wines says it’s a, “Tour de Force. Non-stop action, I was on the edge of my seat!” No he didn’t. Go to Opium, 136 Collins Ave. for the official South Beach premiere, just in case QT and Uma decide to pop up for a sword fight.

SATURDAY

Get deep and swoon like the world’s collapsing to Radiohead. Thom and band are playing at the fittingly named Sound Advice Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach w/ charming Brits Supergrass. It’s probably sold out, unless you have press passes, but visit Ticketmaster.com for the info.

SUNDAY

Who needs school when you have Irish Car Bombs at Churchill’s Pub, 5501 NE 2nd Ave.? Punk rock jolly drunks the Vibrators w/ the Creepy T’s and the Hangovers, and Baby Dracula and…remember, this is Churchill’s…Mission X…and (the best band name ever ever ever?) Why Not? You can miss another class. Just think, “Why not?”

TUESDAY

Now that yr brain is mush from going to Churchill’s on Sunday (dude, what were you thinking?), expand what’s left at the “Free Will and Determinism” partaaay being thrown by the UM Philosophy Club and Solutions Interdisciplinary Forum. Go to the Cox building on campus, room 145 at 6:30 p.m. Because what is not simply cannot exist. Why not?

The Gino DiMare era for the Miami Hurricanes couldn’t have started any better. In DiMare’s first gam ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team is a Lisa Leslie Center of the Year Aw ...