L&A PARTY CALENDAR: Binge drink with Empirical Mile, Kill Bill bash (shinobis only), Radiohead make the world fold, chug an Irish Car Bomb(s)

By Hunter Stephenson & Omar Sommereyns, Life & Art Editors-at-Large

TONIGHT

A swimming pool, kegs, girls, boys and Empirical Mile, cough, The Empirical Mile, jammity jamming all nite long. For directions hit up EmpiricalMile.com. Water and electricity are always a good mix.

Before you read it in L&A and then, let’s say, two months later, read it in Street, why not check out Atropia Galleries, 2200 NW Second Ave., and their opening exhibit Urban Artchitexture featuring music by Clubkid. If you spaz out, you’ll see it here Tuesday. Booooooooooo!

Let the Kill Bill madness flood your mind. The Village Voice is calling this, “The Most Violent American Film Ever Made,” and Life & Art Film Critic Shawn Wines says it’s a, “Tour de Force. Non-stop action, I was on the edge of my seat!” No he didn’t. Go to Opium, 136 Collins Ave. for the official South Beach premiere, just in case QT and Uma decide to pop up for a sword fight.

SATURDAY

Get deep and swoon like the world’s collapsing to Radiohead. Thom and band are playing at the fittingly named Sound Advice Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach w/ charming Brits Supergrass. It’s probably sold out, unless you have press passes, but visit Ticketmaster.com for the info.

SUNDAY

Who needs school when you have Irish Car Bombs at Churchill’s Pub, 5501 NE 2nd Ave.? Punk rock jolly drunks the Vibrators w/ the Creepy T’s and the Hangovers, and Baby Dracula and…remember, this is Churchill’s…Mission X…and (the best band name ever ever ever?) Why Not? You can miss another class. Just think, “Why not?”

TUESDAY

Now that yr brain is mush from going to Churchill’s on Sunday (dude, what were you thinking?), expand what’s left at the “Free Will and Determinism” partaaay being thrown by the UM Philosophy Club and Solutions Interdisciplinary Forum. Go to the Cox building on campus, room 145 at 6:30 p.m. Because what is not simply cannot exist. Why not?

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

There are few players across Florida whose recruitment has been harder to parse than Derick Hunter’s ...

While University of Miami fans are not exactly thrilled about their Hurricanes going against the Wis ...

There was a time John Dixon looked like he would have his choice of just about any college he wanted ...

Part 2 of a 3-part series Former Marlins president David Samson, now unshackled by any contractual r ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

A record number of gifts have been collected across UM campuses to benefit children and seniors in t ...

Former Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Barak, who previously served as minister of the interior and mi ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...

The University of Miami's redshirt senior setter Haley Templeton was named to the 2018 AVCA All ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...