L&A PARTY CALENDAR: Binge drink with Empirical Mile, Kill Bill bash (shinobis only), Radiohead make the world fold, chug an Irish Car Bomb(s)

By Hunter Stephenson & Omar Sommereyns, Life & Art Editors-at-Large

TONIGHT

A swimming pool, kegs, girls, boys and Empirical Mile, cough, The Empirical Mile, jammity jamming all nite long. For directions hit up EmpiricalMile.com. Water and electricity are always a good mix.

Before you read it in L&A and then, let’s say, two months later, read it in Street, why not check out Atropia Galleries, 2200 NW Second Ave., and their opening exhibit Urban Artchitexture featuring music by Clubkid. If you spaz out, you’ll see it here Tuesday. Booooooooooo!

Let the Kill Bill madness flood your mind. The Village Voice is calling this, “The Most Violent American Film Ever Made,” and Life & Art Film Critic Shawn Wines says it’s a, “Tour de Force. Non-stop action, I was on the edge of my seat!” No he didn’t. Go to Opium, 136 Collins Ave. for the official South Beach premiere, just in case QT and Uma decide to pop up for a sword fight.

SATURDAY

Get deep and swoon like the world’s collapsing to Radiohead. Thom and band are playing at the fittingly named Sound Advice Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach w/ charming Brits Supergrass. It’s probably sold out, unless you have press passes, but visit Ticketmaster.com for the info.

SUNDAY

Who needs school when you have Irish Car Bombs at Churchill’s Pub, 5501 NE 2nd Ave.? Punk rock jolly drunks the Vibrators w/ the Creepy T’s and the Hangovers, and Baby Dracula and…remember, this is Churchill’s…Mission X…and (the best band name ever ever ever?) Why Not? You can miss another class. Just think, “Why not?”

TUESDAY

Now that yr brain is mush from going to Churchill’s on Sunday (dude, what were you thinking?), expand what’s left at the “Free Will and Determinism” partaaay being thrown by the UM Philosophy Club and Solutions Interdisciplinary Forum. Go to the Cox building on campus, room 145 at 6:30 p.m. Because what is not simply cannot exist. Why not?

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...