99 RED BALLOONS: Brooklyn’s Fannypack tattle on camel toes, boys and free clothes

So, I’ve been waiting with Omar for years in the downstairs lounge of SoHo Lounge, it’s Vice night, waiting for f-u-n playskool bass heads Fannypack to arrive. Yankees always have to be fashionably late, right Omar?

Fortunately the six pack (loot) of complementary Holland beer I brought for this group-on-the-cum-up, three girls from Brooklyn named Belinda, 16, Cat, about 22, Jessibel, 18, and two flamboyantly talented DJs, Fancy and Matt, is getting guzzled. Let’s go ahead and turn the clock. Dwooopp! (That’s Sven turning the clock hand – thanks).

They arrive, it’s near midnight and sound-check is just getting started upstairs. Fancy, the metrosexually ‘stached adult overseer (just from what I’ve seen on MTV) is no where to be entertained by. Posted against a wall, all of sudden Matt starts blurting out from the stage like a soap opera director, “Jessibel is having her period right now.” He scans the bare room and looks at me – why me, I wonder? “Do you have any soup, she’s PMS-ing?” What, fag? Can we do this interview or what?

Dwooop! After convincing Matt to move the girls over to a couch across the upstairs bar area, the interview is on. A little airplane-d out, the girls of Fannypack are smiles and giggles – strawberry and tangerine lip sheen to the maxx. Belinda, the youngest and also the loudest is all denimed out. Before she performs she slips into electroclash-y black and pink hose, and gets crushed with eyeliner. She’s like the grown-up street Ed. black chick who did summer slap-hands anthems during recess. Cat, most single and a BU alum, is a catch and a third, fluttering her naturally glittery eyes just right, into everything from Chk Chk Chk to Salt-N-Peppa. And Jessibel, often noted as the group’s core, is understandably dumpy – but when she jumps on stage an hour later, it’s all sexy vix, mike-controller. Girls never fail to blow minds.

The first anniversary of SoHo Lounge, the stage is specially extended to include a catwalk for YoYo’s late-late-night fashion show. Pinkish d

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...