99 RED BALLOONS: Brooklyn’s Fannypack tattle on camel toes, boys and free clothes

So, I’ve been waiting with Omar for years in the downstairs lounge of SoHo Lounge, it’s Vice night, waiting for f-u-n playskool bass heads Fannypack to arrive. Yankees always have to be fashionably late, right Omar?

Fortunately the six pack (loot) of complementary Holland beer I brought for this group-on-the-cum-up, three girls from Brooklyn named Belinda, 16, Cat, about 22, Jessibel, 18, and two flamboyantly talented DJs, Fancy and Matt, is getting guzzled. Let’s go ahead and turn the clock. Dwooopp! (That’s Sven turning the clock hand – thanks).

They arrive, it’s near midnight and sound-check is just getting started upstairs. Fancy, the metrosexually ‘stached adult overseer (just from what I’ve seen on MTV) is no where to be entertained by. Posted against a wall, all of sudden Matt starts blurting out from the stage like a soap opera director, “Jessibel is having her period right now.” He scans the bare room and looks at me – why me, I wonder? “Do you have any soup, she’s PMS-ing?” What, fag? Can we do this interview or what?

Dwooop! After convincing Matt to move the girls over to a couch across the upstairs bar area, the interview is on. A little airplane-d out, the girls of Fannypack are smiles and giggles – strawberry and tangerine lip sheen to the maxx. Belinda, the youngest and also the loudest is all denimed out. Before she performs she slips into electroclash-y black and pink hose, and gets crushed with eyeliner. She’s like the grown-up street Ed. black chick who did summer slap-hands anthems during recess. Cat, most single and a BU alum, is a catch and a third, fluttering her naturally glittery eyes just right, into everything from Chk Chk Chk to Salt-N-Peppa. And Jessibel, often noted as the group’s core, is understandably dumpy – but when she jumps on stage an hour later, it’s all sexy vix, mike-controller. Girls never fail to blow minds.

The first anniversary of SoHo Lounge, the stage is specially extended to include a catwalk for YoYo’s late-late-night fashion show. Pinkish d

Talula Thibault, a senior at the University of Miami and chair of the ECO Agency, will participate i ...

Overturning a widely accepted fact, University of Miami researchers discover that fruit flies hate b ...

The Miami Business School this fall launched a unique and forward-thinking Master of Science in Sust ...

The United States can handle its growing debt a lot better than other countries, such as Argentina, ...

A University of Miami materials engineer is developing a method that will help the aviation industry ...

Miami evened its record with a win over Central Michigan. Now, a quarter of the way through the seas ...

The Hurricanes forced three turnovers and held off a hard-fought effort from Central Michigan, defea ...

Daevenia Achong of the Miami women's tennis team won a pair of matches Sunday to reach the Milw ...

The Hurricanes hung on for a 17-12 win over Central Michigan, but acknowledged there are things they ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up action Sunday at the Miami Fall Invite, posting a 3-1 ...