You’ve been hit by a SMOOTH CRIMINAL (on screen): Charming actor and UM alum, Steven Bauer, dishes on Miami vice and “Scarface”

Say hello to my little…luxx Scarface Two-Disc Anniversary Edition on DVD! Starting today, that doublewide VHS version sitting in every UM student’s VCR – with its low-sound quality and ‘this-movie-was-so-made-in-the-Eighties’ grainy picture-color – is no longer worthy. Loaded with quality extras like a Def Jam doc and a filmmaking doc, this mucho polished digital version of the 1983 masterpiece complete with DTS 5.1 sound (to make that chainsaw scene stick a little clever in your mind) is simply choice.

And with the current Scarface celebration boiling over into theatres with a hip re-release, who else would L&A chat with other than UM alum Steven Bauer, the man who was Tony Montana’s handsome sidekick, best friend and all around ladies man (before TM shot him for banging his sis)?

But before that, let’s quickly slip-n-slide across Bauer’s career and get up-to-date with his contributions to our city. If you don’t know Mr. Bauer from his character, Joe on the

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

A colorless, odorless gas used by a UM scientist to study ocean currents helps save his vision. ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...