You’ve been hit by a SMOOTH CRIMINAL (on screen): Charming actor and UM alum, Steven Bauer, dishes on Miami vice and “Scarface”

Say hello to my little…luxx Scarface Two-Disc Anniversary Edition on DVD! Starting today, that doublewide VHS version sitting in every UM student’s VCR – with its low-sound quality and ‘this-movie-was-so-made-in-the-Eighties’ grainy picture-color – is no longer worthy. Loaded with quality extras like a Def Jam doc and a filmmaking doc, this mucho polished digital version of the 1983 masterpiece complete with DTS 5.1 sound (to make that chainsaw scene stick a little clever in your mind) is simply choice.

And with the current Scarface celebration boiling over into theatres with a hip re-release, who else would L&A chat with other than UM alum Steven Bauer, the man who was Tony Montana’s handsome sidekick, best friend and all around ladies man (before TM shot him for banging his sis)?

But before that, let’s quickly slip-n-slide across Bauer’s career and get up-to-date with his contributions to our city. If you don’t know Mr. Bauer from his character, Joe on the

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...