eye filler: FINALLY! Those oxymoronic epitomes of classy trash, A.R.E. Weapons, play Miami…again.

After months of staff anticipation, those oxymoronic epitomes of Classy Trash, A.R.E. Weapons, joined the ever ’80s Trans Am at I/O Lounge last Wednesday. A crowd of 100 Miamians turned up and hopefully left thinking that this mix of untalented originality and ingenious ’80s rock is cause enough for a damn good night of raging.

Following the Movies (we were still out drinking, so we missed them) the Weapons fired through a set that was only seven songs deep, lasting maybe 30 minutes that simply killed and made us laugh. Their music is what it means to be young, energetic, and able to not give one fuck what people think of you. As usual, the reception was chopped into inebriated madness and sober indifference, to which their shirtless front man Brain McPeck countered, “So, you guys aren’t feeling the Weapons, we’re from New York!” (or something like that).

But when all was said and done and “band member” Paul Sevigny had finished his last of 400 fist-pumping to-and-fros on stage, I was still reflecting on the lyrics to “Champion Chains.” While, “Being broke is the fucking worst,” you can always be comforted by the fact that, “I love it when the women start to scream / Life ain’t nothing but a dream.”

Trans Am took the stage soon after and got the crowd to sign a peace agreement for musical taste with their lively, if very technical, ode to the decade of big cell phones, dance floor cheese and Gordon Gekko slickness. It was all girls dancing (two fresh catches next to Hunter were making out in tight, tight wife beaters), guys standing and a pummeling assault of neon goodness. But you were there so you know all these blurry details.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ If you ever wondered what the Hurricanes would look like if ...

Demetrius Jackson has come through again for his Overtown neighborhood. For the second year in a row ...

Days after praising Mark Richt, Clemson grad transfer quarterback Kelly Bryant has canceled his Frid ...

Mark Richt kept his word. On Thursday, two days before the Miami Hurricanes defeated Virginia Tech 3 ...

The season is evaporating before our eyes. And nothing made that more obvious than University of Mia ...

Erin Kobetz, director of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Firefighter Cancer Initiative, disc ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced Thursday the signing of three golfers to N ...