eye filler: FINALLY! Those oxymoronic epitomes of classy trash, A.R.E. Weapons, play Miami…again.

After months of staff anticipation, those oxymoronic epitomes of Classy Trash, A.R.E. Weapons, joined the ever ’80s Trans Am at I/O Lounge last Wednesday. A crowd of 100 Miamians turned up and hopefully left thinking that this mix of untalented originality and ingenious ’80s rock is cause enough for a damn good night of raging.

Following the Movies (we were still out drinking, so we missed them) the Weapons fired through a set that was only seven songs deep, lasting maybe 30 minutes that simply killed and made us laugh. Their music is what it means to be young, energetic, and able to not give one fuck what people think of you. As usual, the reception was chopped into inebriated madness and sober indifference, to which their shirtless front man Brain McPeck countered, “So, you guys aren’t feeling the Weapons, we’re from New York!” (or something like that).

But when all was said and done and “band member” Paul Sevigny had finished his last of 400 fist-pumping to-and-fros on stage, I was still reflecting on the lyrics to “Champion Chains.” While, “Being broke is the fucking worst,” you can always be comforted by the fact that, “I love it when the women start to scream / Life ain’t nothing but a dream.”

Trans Am took the stage soon after and got the crowd to sign a peace agreement for musical taste with their lively, if very technical, ode to the decade of big cell phones, dance floor cheese and Gordon Gekko slickness. It was all girls dancing (two fresh catches next to Hunter were making out in tight, tight wife beaters), guys standing and a pummeling assault of neon goodness. But you were there so you know all these blurry details.

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...