eye filler: FINALLY! Those oxymoronic epitomes of classy trash, A.R.E. Weapons, play Miami…again.

After months of staff anticipation, those oxymoronic epitomes of Classy Trash, A.R.E. Weapons, joined the ever ’80s Trans Am at I/O Lounge last Wednesday. A crowd of 100 Miamians turned up and hopefully left thinking that this mix of untalented originality and ingenious ’80s rock is cause enough for a damn good night of raging.

Following the Movies (we were still out drinking, so we missed them) the Weapons fired through a set that was only seven songs deep, lasting maybe 30 minutes that simply killed and made us laugh. Their music is what it means to be young, energetic, and able to not give one fuck what people think of you. As usual, the reception was chopped into inebriated madness and sober indifference, to which their shirtless front man Brain McPeck countered, “So, you guys aren’t feeling the Weapons, we’re from New York!” (or something like that).

But when all was said and done and “band member” Paul Sevigny had finished his last of 400 fist-pumping to-and-fros on stage, I was still reflecting on the lyrics to “Champion Chains.” While, “Being broke is the fucking worst,” you can always be comforted by the fact that, “I love it when the women start to scream / Life ain’t nothing but a dream.”

Trans Am took the stage soon after and got the crowd to sign a peace agreement for musical taste with their lively, if very technical, ode to the decade of big cell phones, dance floor cheese and Gordon Gekko slickness. It was all girls dancing (two fresh catches next to Hunter were making out in tight, tight wife beaters), guys standing and a pummeling assault of neon goodness. But you were there so you know all these blurry details.

The Miami Hurricanes have had almost a week to regroup after a road loss at Boston College, and they ...

Sam Brooks stood on the field at Orlando’s Camping World Stadium, tears welling up in his eyes, and ...

The Miami Hurricanes had just stunned second-ranked Louisville on the road last Sunday, in front of ...

Willie Moise was willing to give the Miami Hurricanes the benefit of the doubt when Manny Diaz left ...

The tweets that foreshadowed Thursday’s news for the Miami Hurricanes began the third week of Januar ...

Without their foresight and love of homeland, the collection—the largest repository of Cuban documen ...

In the wake of Justice Thomas’s jaw-dropping statement, UM media law experts weigh in on the landmar ...

Which film will win Best Picture? Who will be Best Actor? We asked the experts. ...

Political unrest has swept through Haiti recently, spurred on by escalating prices and alleged polit ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Michael Amditis hit his first career home run to lead the Canes past the Gators. ...

Three Miami track and field athletes made their way to the podium on Day 2 of the ACC Indoor Champio ...

In Friday's ACC opener, the No. 35 University of Miami men's tennis team topped Georgia Te ...

Game time is 2 p.m. in Coral Gables. ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set for its second in-state, top-25 showdown of the ...