art review: BLACK FLAG AND RED, WHITE AND BLUE

The intricacies underlying American history are the driving force behind the American Short Stories exhibit at the Museum of Contemporary Art in NoMi.

Raymond Pettibon and Saul Steinberg may cater to different audiences (the former commenting on the underbelly of society, while Steinberg deals with the urbane culture’s sentimentality), but their techniques are the same: utilizing graphic illustrations in a narrative from. Each piece is structured so that they are self-contained stories, always trying to get at the ephemeral theme of living in America.

Pettibon’s characters appear in a brutal reality, where Batman prays that the city is safe for a night, Gumby wishes he was high art, Jean Harlow turns into a werewolf on her wedding night, and George Washington wonders, “Why do I always get stuck with the old, ugly prostitutes?” There is no affection for his youth and the hippie sentimentality of the ’60s; he exposes their duplicity and naivet

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...