Let’s conduct some public nuclear testing of our own

Well, it came out this weekend that North Korea is planning to conduct nuclear bomb tests. Doesn’t that just make you feel great? Not really. In fact it is pretty scary to fathom. But, then, I remember that we are the only superpower in this world, with the bravest men and women in the world defending their country. And, oh yeah, our military technology will blow North Korea outta here (imagine an umpire calling a strike out when you read this).
It’s time for the United States to lay down the law and show North Korea that we’re done playing. I think it’s time for us to conduct our own testing, just so that they remember who has the big guns. Then they will be ready for diplomacy cause they won’t even think of jerking us around.
North Korea is like a little kid. Every once in a while they throw tantrums so that they can get what they want. The United States is like a father. When you behave badly we take off our belt and give you a spanking to set you straight. North Korea will not be playing with anything nuclear once we set them straight.
They act like they have a right to have nuclear weapons, but the truth is they are a communist country and anything dangerous in a place that unstable is a risk to the entire world. Liberals criticized President Bush and basically said that he instigated North Korea’s hostility with his “axis of evil” speech. In October 2002, Democrats had to keep quiet when North Korea admitted that they had a nuclear weapons plan that had been active since the late 1990’s.
This is a pressing matter that must be taken care of very soon. We will not negotiate with North Korea; they must negotiate with us. They must show that they are prepared to cut out the nonsense because until then were not giving an inch.

Ernesto Zaldivar is a freshman majoring in political science. He can be contacted at e.zaldivar @umiami.edu.

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team closed out the 2019 Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegi ...

The University of Miami swimming & diving team begins its run at the 2019 ACC Swimming & Div ...

For the second week in a row, the Miami women's basketball team made the largest leap of any sc ...