L&A PARTY CALENDAR: Ladytron’s Mira shakes asses, Victoria Silvstedt’s “Hottie” party, FANNYPACK unzips for the wildest show of the year!!!

TONIGHT

Before you go out on the late night, why not hit up TheHurricaneOnline.com and sign-up for our free email newsletter? Or better yet, sign-up all of your enemies. As Surfider Prez Kevin “Prefontaine” Dean says, “Why not?”

Mira of Ladytron puts that ass to work (fun work) during her two-hour guest DJ stint at Revolver, located at (use MapQuest dodo) 175-193 NE 36th Street. For more info, journey along the Web to ClubRevolver.com.

Haven’t heard this band yet (just got the demo today, in fact) but they seem like cool people. JOEPYE are making the rounds all over the city, playing for the hipsters at POPLIFE to the Guiness-meisters at Churchill’s Pub. Tonight they’re on the beach at Sandbar Lounge, 6752 Collins Ave, playing from 11 p.m.-3 a.m. – now that’s heart. Call 305.865.1752 for the skinny.

Sometimes I wish I had a super luxx girlfriend who’d suddenly break my heart on a Friday just to make me experience college a little deeper. If that actually happened, I’d put on a hoody, get drunk and go watch Amores Possiveis at the Cosford. It starts at 8 p.m. and was imported here from Brazil and probably makes little sense, which is pretty great.

Actually, maybe not. Why not go to Opium on the beach and try to party with Playmate Victoria Silvstedt? …yeah, right. She’s there hosting “The Miami Hottie Talent Search,” which makes the odds of getting over yur ex pretty damn favorable. Don’t drive drunk, though. It’s located on 136 Collins Ave. and dress to impress bruddahs and sister saviors.

___________________________________________________________

SATURDAY
Oooh, la, la. NYC’s playskool bass-heads, the sexy barely legal Fannypack, will cause your alcoholic beverage to disappear like their high school virginity. It’s the one year anniversary of Soho Lounge, located in the place where Revolver goes down, 175 NE 36 St., with a fashion show courtesy of YoYo – remember last week’s feature? S!ck!

____________________________________________________________

SUNDAY

Rent Run Ronnie Run at Blockbuster and go to bed early. So lame, dude.

ALL APOLOGIES

Life & Art would like to send a shout to DJ Johnny Strokes from Spider-Pussy, who should have gotten credit for the DJ on last issue’s cover (instead of Counterflow’s Induce). Our bad, Johnny, our minds be gettin’ blurry, you know what I’m sayin’? – Omar Sommereyns

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...