REPORT CARD

Offense:
If not for the Parrish punt return and Taylor interception return, the ‘Canes offense would have had their backs against the wall. The unit failed to have a consistent scoring drive in the first half, and finished the game with only one scoring drive of over 50 yards.

Quarterback:
Berlin missed open targets early in the game. Miami could have put the game far out of reach when the teams entered the locker room for the half. The junior signal caller finished 18-of-30 passing for 151 yards and no touchdowns and threw one interception.

Running Back: B
Gore finished with 74 yards on 16 carries and a touchdown. Gore didn’t seem to have too many holes to find.

Wide Receivers: B-
Winslow’s leaping catch in the 1st quarter that set up a Gore TD seemed to be the only bright spot for the Miami receiving unit. Winslow led the team with four receptions for 41 yards.

Offensive Line: B-
Unit gave Berlin more time to throw than in the three previous games. However, the line did seem to struggle a bit in their run blocking.

Defense: A-
Unit held BC to only 213 total yards for the contest. BC’s positive yards mostly came from UM penalties. The unit must cut down on personal fouls.

Defensive Line: A-
Unit pressured Porter all night and held the dangerous Derrick Knight to only 83 yards on the ground. Baraka Atkins recorded the only Hurricane sack.

Linebackers: A-
Jonathan Vilma made some big plays, including three tackles for a loss. However, the only positive moments for the BC offense were scrambles up the middle by BC quarterback Quinton Porter.

Secondary: A
Unit shut down the Eagle passing game, surrendering only 94 yards through the air. Taylor’s interception return for a TD put the ‘Canes up by 21, essentially putting the game out of reach for BC.

Special Teams: A
The unit continues to make big plays. Parrish’s punt return for a TD set the tone for the game. Brian Monroe had two punts land inside the 20.

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...