L&A QUALITY SMACK: The (blurry) dilly on UM concerts. Clipse on campus? UM ADMINISTRATION wants our sources.

———–LIFE & ART MEETS WITH HURRICANE PRODUCTIONS ———–

So, after finally meeting with Hurricane Productions to discuss a few things, as well as for their HWIC to meet the person writing this column, I’m left with a few impressions. The first is that Dashboard Confessional won’t be playing our campus anytime in the near future. The second is that chances of the Rapture performing on campus later this year are probably 30/70 (since I’ve never used this source before). And the third is that more students with a hipper, more sophisticated taste in music should join the organization.

—————— NEPTUNES’ BOYS CLIPSE AT UM? ————————–

What I didn’t take away from this meeting is that Clipse will be performing on campus rather soon. I was told this by a reliable source who is 70/30 while drinking a beer over the weekend. Guess we’ll see.

——– DOES THE HURRICANE WORK FOR UM ADMINISTRATION? ——-

And speaking of sources and weekends and beer, I was told by a source in the UM administration that Life & Art shouldn’t (or was that couldn’t?) publish weekend parties in calendar, because certain people are, what’s a good word? Perturbed – particularly by the “White Trash Bash” listing that appeared in last Friday’s online edition. I was also asked for directions to this “Bash,” and when I declined, the person from-up-above demanded that I give him the source who gave us the information. After declining to give him or her up, I was told that the party would be shut down by administration, which it wasn’t. So, whom at UM can you believe these days? Guess we’ll see.

———B-DAY FOR SOUTH BEACH IMPRESARIO AT THE DELANO ———

Beach nightlife personality, Maxwell Blandford of Level fame, will be celebrating his birthday in style at the Delano this Wednesday. Call 305 695 0436 to rsvp and show some love.

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...