Hispanic Heritage Month kicks off

Accented with good food, rhythmic music and fun, Hispanic Heritage Month [HHM] got off to a good start this week during opening ceremonies in the UC patio. The theme this year: “Varias Razas, Una Cultura,” meaning “many races, one culture” in Spanish.
According to Nanette Vega, assistant director of the department of multicultural student affairs, the goal of Hispanic Heritage Month is to foster awareness, understanding and appreciation of Latin Culture.
Vega is also advisor to the Hispanic Heritage Month Committee, comprised of 10 students who put together the events for HHM.
“We put a lot of work and love into this whole month-wide event because we should celebrate our culture, who we are,” Patricia Pe

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...