Hispanic Heritage Month kicks off: SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Sept. 20
Caribbean Party at the Rathskeller
9 p.m. – 12 a.m.

Sept. 23
Student/Faculty Breakfast at the James W. McLamore Dining Room, School of Business
8:30 – 10 a.m.
RSVP required; contact MSA at 305-284-2855

Sept. 24
Judaic Studies Program Presents: Professor Ilan Stavans of Amherst College at the Miller Center. Two lectures will be presented: “Are Graduate Programs Failing Latino Students?” and “Jews and Latinos: An Unlikely Partnership?”
First lecture: 12 – 1:30 p.m.; second lecture: 8 – 10 p.m.
Reservations required; contact Judaic Studies at 305-284-2017
Sept. 26
Latin Laughs presented by Belly Bust at the Rathskeller
7 – 9 p.m.

Oct. 1
“Latino 101” student discussion at Eaton Residential College
7 – 9 p.m.

Oct. 7
Movie Night: Chasing Papi at the Bill Cosford Cinema
8 p.m.

Oct. 9
“Dominicanish” theatre performance at the Pearson Residential College
8 p.m.

Oct. 11
Gala with Tito Puentes Jr. and his 10-Piece Orchestra at Omni Colonnade, Coral Gables. Call 305-284-2855 for more information.
8 p.m.- 12 a.m.

Oct. 13
“Hispanic Community: Making a Difference,” where a guest panel will explore topics of education, business and politics in the Hispanic community at the UC Ballrooms.
7:30 – 9 p.m.

Oct. 15
Hispanic Heritage Month Closing Ceremonies at the UC Patio
12 – 2 p.m.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...