Hispanic Heritage Month kicks off: SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Sept. 20
Caribbean Party at the Rathskeller
9 p.m. – 12 a.m.

Sept. 23
Student/Faculty Breakfast at the James W. McLamore Dining Room, School of Business
8:30 – 10 a.m.
RSVP required; contact MSA at 305-284-2855

Sept. 24
Judaic Studies Program Presents: Professor Ilan Stavans of Amherst College at the Miller Center. Two lectures will be presented: “Are Graduate Programs Failing Latino Students?” and “Jews and Latinos: An Unlikely Partnership?”
First lecture: 12 – 1:30 p.m.; second lecture: 8 – 10 p.m.
Reservations required; contact Judaic Studies at 305-284-2017
Sept. 26
Latin Laughs presented by Belly Bust at the Rathskeller
7 – 9 p.m.

Oct. 1
“Latino 101” student discussion at Eaton Residential College
7 – 9 p.m.

Oct. 7
Movie Night: Chasing Papi at the Bill Cosford Cinema
8 p.m.

Oct. 9
“Dominicanish” theatre performance at the Pearson Residential College
8 p.m.

Oct. 11
Gala with Tito Puentes Jr. and his 10-Piece Orchestra at Omni Colonnade, Coral Gables. Call 305-284-2855 for more information.
8 p.m.- 12 a.m.

Oct. 13
“Hispanic Community: Making a Difference,” where a guest panel will explore topics of education, business and politics in the Hispanic community at the UC Ballrooms.
7:30 – 9 p.m.

Oct. 15
Hispanic Heritage Month Closing Ceremonies at the UC Patio
12 – 2 p.m.

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...