What’s the Bid Deal?

If you’re wondering why there were so many attractive gentlemen gathered wearing Greek letters around the Rock on Friday, or hundreds of women on Sunday, it might be helpful to know that these days were Bid Days for all Inter-Fraternity Council [IFC] organizations and Panhellenic sororities.
On Friday, the IFC formally announced which men decided to go Greek and which organization’s bid they accepted.
For the past three weeks, IFC fraternities have sponsored recruitment events, during which brothers and alumni discussed what makes their organization special, informing potential new members the benefits of being a fraternity man.
Sororities have a similar process, which went on for all of last week. Their Bid Day occurred on Sunday. Be on the lookout for more information regarding who went where in the Greek system.
Additionally, organizations from the National Pan-Hellenic Council as well as from the Latino Greek Council follow a slightly different recruitment schedule, called intake. During this process, organizations hold “informationals,” or interest meetings. At these sessions, potential new members learn about the ideals, history and activities of the chapter.
The Greek Panorama is coming up on Sept. 23 at 7 p.m., location TBA.

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team closed out the 2019 Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegi ...

The University of Miami swimming & diving team begins its run at the 2019 ACC Swimming & Div ...

For the second week in a row, the Miami women's basketball team made the largest leap of any sc ...