Sexual battery reported at Wellness Center

On Sept. 9 at approximately 5 p.m. in the Wellness Center, a sexual battery was reported by an unidentified victim. While in the men’s shower room, the victim was approached by a male subject who sexually assaulted him.
The victim has described the assailant as a six-foot-tall, white male with blond hair.
Anyone with information regarding this crime is asked to call the Coral Gables Police at 305-442-1600, or Crimestoppers at 305-471-TIPS, where you will remain anonymous and become eligible for a cash reward.
Officials could not tell the Hurricane if they had received any leads, citing the ongoing investigation.
Public Safety encourages students to be aware of their surrounding at all times and to request a UM campus security escort. Call 8-6666 from a campus phone, use an emergency blue light telephone located throughout campus, or call 305-284-6666 from any cell phone or off-campus phone.
The Miami Hurricane is in the process of obtaining the official police report for this incident. We will continue to follow up on this issue as more details become available.

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...