Sexual battery reported at Wellness Center

On Sept. 9 at approximately 5 p.m. in the Wellness Center, a sexual battery was reported by an unidentified victim. While in the men’s shower room, the victim was approached by a male subject who sexually assaulted him.
The victim has described the assailant as a six-foot-tall, white male with blond hair.
Anyone with information regarding this crime is asked to call the Coral Gables Police at 305-442-1600, or Crimestoppers at 305-471-TIPS, where you will remain anonymous and become eligible for a cash reward.
Officials could not tell the Hurricane if they had received any leads, citing the ongoing investigation.
Public Safety encourages students to be aware of their surrounding at all times and to request a UM campus security escort. Call 8-6666 from a campus phone, use an emergency blue light telephone located throughout campus, or call 305-284-6666 from any cell phone or off-campus phone.
The Miami Hurricane is in the process of obtaining the official police report for this incident. We will continue to follow up on this issue as more details become available.

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...