Culture

Join Our Staff: L&A Recruit Meeting this Friday

The Miami Hurricane’s Life & Art editors will be meeting with student feature/magazine journalists and photographers who aspire to work for the section this Friday, September 19. It will be held at the Rathskeller on campus at 5 p.m. in the 1st floor conference room.

To ensure proper and thorough consideration, please bring a portfolio with any past clips (high school paper, Rolling Stone, etc.) if you’d like to write, or one with photographs if you’d like to…take photos.

Also, bring a [typed] contact sheet with your full name, addy, cell and home #s, year at UM, and 3 favorite bands and films. Be very informed with the style and content of Life & Art beforehand – this is a must.

Do not attend if you are not serious – do not waste our time. We look forward to meeting and greeting and drinking. Feel free to contact the editors with questions/inquiries in advance.

Cheers –

Hunter Stephenson
Life & Art Editor
Huntlaed@hotmail.com

Omar Sommereyns
Life & Art Associate Editor
SOASIS@aol.com

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...