Culture

Eye Filler: UM’s best band, Empirical Mile, at Tobacco Road

UM’s best band, Empirical Mile, got wild for two sets at Tobacco Road on Saturday night to a cheering, drunken crowd (groupies and locals alike), showcasing new songs that weren’t included on last semester’s EP. The band is presently working on a full-length and will participate in Churchill’s Battle of the Bands in early November.

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...