Cali-fornication: Dumb ideas from the West Coast

Do you know why Arnold Schwarzenegger is a Republican? Just please look at all of his movies. He loves guns so he shoots and uses the death penalty on everyone he sees around him. In the Terminator movies, he is a machine that was created by an “evil” corporation that is used for practical uses of the military. That’s funny.
But what’s not funny is the people in California. How did you people lose electricity two years ago? How the hell did that happen? You did not have any back-up plans or anything. And to think that you elected a governor whose name has something to do with no electricity. “GREY” Davis? You elected GREY Davis. Didn’t anyone see any foreshadowing when his name appeared on the ballot?
What about Hollywood? If you’re not a drug addict or a cancer patient, you are not an actor. It seems that everyone is either a drug addict or a cancer patient. Since Hollywood is nothing but trends, I think cancer is the “illness” of the month. I’m not trying to make fun of cancer. After all, cancer is dangerous and has killed needlessly. However, it seems that Hollywood is trying to capitalize on everything, which makes them out to be complete idiots. When these bored actors have nothing to do, they go around and give “encouragement” to children who have leukemia. They say to them: “You’re great!” And I think this is absurd. Can’t you cut these kids a damn check? They’re dying and these actors say: “I love kids.” Yeah, just like Michael Jackson.
One thing I do agree with from California is the reforming of marijuana laws. Look, marijuana is a safer drug than alcohol. The FDA even said so. Why are we still using propaganda to scare young people into believing that marijuana will turn you into Adolf Hitler? I saw this commercial about the fact that one in three car accident deaths is related to marijuana. What they really meant was that one in three accidents involving minorities with suspended licenses (where the accident is directly drug related) is related to herb. Now that is a shame!
They say that Mary Jane is now 275% more potent than the 1960s. The only people who could make it that much better are private corporations and the U.S. government. Do you think stoners make good scientists? They have a hard time remembering anything as it is.
So far, California is one for three when it comes to good ideas.
Seth Bleicher can be contacted at sethbleicher@yahoo.com.

Three of four University of Miami scholarship quarterbacks were suspended at various times this seas ...

While the University of Miami offense has struggled mightily this season, its defense has been stell ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers boast one of the best rushing offenses in the country. On Saturday, the Miam ...

After watching several juniors turn pro and then go late in the draft or not at all in recent years, ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ If you ever wondered what the Hurricanes would look like if ...

Erin Kobetz, director of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Firefighter Cancer Initiative, disc ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

The Miami women's basketball team jumped two spots to No. 22 nationally in the first in-season ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...