A Flock Of Seagulls IS DEAD…

Trans Am used to make complex indie music that was perfect for serial killers and nerds. The prog-rockers’ incongruent beats, sparse vocals and abstract keyboards fit well into the background while you filleted your snotty coworker behind TCBY or played Q-bert at home by yourself thinking about time machines and wondering if “Quantum Leap” would ever return to the USA Network.

From 1996 to 2000, this trio from Washington, D.C. released five discs on the Thrill Jockey label, before they realized that they looked and sounded like studious and quiet bookworms, not a rock ‘n’ roll band.

For their last release, 2002’s TA, Trans Am decided it was time to party hard, clich

Two Commencement ceremonies will take place at the Watsco Center on the Coral Gables campus on Thurs ...

The investiture of the School of Law Dean Anthony E. Varona as the M. Minnette Massey Chair took pla ...

The University of Miami Frost School of Music's annual holiday event raises funds for the Donna ...

University of Miami Miller School of Medicine students hung 3,000 posters in Wynwood last weekend to ...

Life on Great Abaco Island in the Bahamas is striving to get back to normal, but the scars of Hurric ...

With an Olympic year on the horizon, former Canes star Lauryn Williams reflects on an incredible car ...

The Miami women's basketball staff just got stronger with the addition of former Hurricane stan ...

The University of Miami football program announced Sunday that it has accepted a bid to the 2019 Wal ...

Spots are filling up fast for the upcoming Gino DiMare Exposure Camp on January 18-19, 2020. ...

Greg Rousseau was one of Miami's breakout players this year and will be honored Friday night in ...