SG UPDATE: Senate plans for semester

Sep. 3 marked this semester’s first session of the Student Government Senate. Running with the momentum from last year, SG has planned a lot to improve the lives of students at UM. The first session was dedicated primarily to procedural adjustments to the statutes of SG, but there was discussion about how SG plans to better serve the campus community.
Some of the first items up are a student panel to discuss the newly implemented smoke-free zone surrounding the dorms, the planning of a UNICCO appreciation day and increasing interaction between the senators and their constituencies.
Many of the senate seats are up for election this month, so there are plenty opportunities for students to get involved and let their voice be heard.
For more information on Senate, or to get involved in SG, call X8-3082 or stop by the SG office in UC 214.

The Miami Hurricane will update the student body regarding all of the issues SG is working on throughout the semester. A summary of the SG meetings will be printed in every Tuesday edition of the paper.
SG Senate meetings are held every Wednesday from 4 – 6 p.m. in Senate Ballrooms C-D on the second floor of the UC.

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...

Head coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the ninth annual Miami Women's Basketball Fantasy Ca ...

The yearly Miami Fall Invite will take place Friday through Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center, ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...