SG UPDATE: Senate plans for semester

Sep. 3 marked this semester’s first session of the Student Government Senate. Running with the momentum from last year, SG has planned a lot to improve the lives of students at UM. The first session was dedicated primarily to procedural adjustments to the statutes of SG, but there was discussion about how SG plans to better serve the campus community.
Some of the first items up are a student panel to discuss the newly implemented smoke-free zone surrounding the dorms, the planning of a UNICCO appreciation day and increasing interaction between the senators and their constituencies.
Many of the senate seats are up for election this month, so there are plenty opportunities for students to get involved and let their voice be heard.
For more information on Senate, or to get involved in SG, call X8-3082 or stop by the SG office in UC 214.

The Miami Hurricane will update the student body regarding all of the issues SG is working on throughout the semester. A summary of the SG meetings will be printed in every Tuesday edition of the paper.
SG Senate meetings are held every Wednesday from 4 – 6 p.m. in Senate Ballrooms C-D on the second floor of the UC.

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The 2019 Miami Hurricanes coaching staff is now in place and ready to rumble. Though the Hurricanes ...

The last time Tyree St. Louis played something other than tackle, by coincidence, was the last time ...

Manny Diaz might as well have been the head of the National Weather Service on Tuesday. At 7:27 p.m. ...

Even after landing Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, the Hurricanes aren’t done looking for quarterb ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

The Miami women's basketball team earned its first victory at Cameron Indoor Stadium with a 58- ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team will play its first dual match of the 2019 campaign Friday ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will open the 2019 dual season when it faces Stetson ...